Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will come to the dark side if the endurance racing doesn't pan out. but otherwise i'm looking at a ton of money in registrations alone. it seems weird that the ama is sharing the track. it looks like you guys will have a lot of a lot of spectators.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are two different tracks..well sort of. All of the CCS/AMA races only use the north portion of the course. We'll be on the little 1.6 mile south corse. It is still a great course; it has a corkscrew similar to that od Laguna Seca. What are you going to be running for the endurance races? I am looking for someone to race endurance 600 super stock with.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my friend has a 96 gsxr750 (double the power of my 400, for real). we're mainly doing it for track time. we have a semi-ringer in the group, so if we're raciing for next-to-last we have to keep him out longer :D.

we're gonna do them out at nelson ledges, ohio with fastrax (fastone.com). it's like $165/team for the 3 hour endurances. we're hoping that ccs does the 200 miler's they were talking about and letting more than 2 riders/team on board. but we'll have to see.

how about yourself, are you racing fastrax or wera endurance? wera guys are freakin' fast (but the top guys at the endurance races are pros).

i remember you mentioning that you were gonna race, are you gonna do sprints too?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, geoff, did you check with kOOk? i think he's looking to do some roadracing next year. i hear he's running good times. you don't want me, i'm a turtle :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been looking into WERA. Ohio seems a bit of a haul. I do want to be somewhat competetive but also want to return to work on Mondays with all of my limbs fuctioning. I will be getting my bike together over the winter for SStock rules and I'll just see what happens. What does kook ride? I probably know him by bike(color, make...) Does he know who I am?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
geoff,

kOOk had an 93 red/wht/blu f2, but he just got an r6 (easy to keep them straight. he's a big bodybuilder guy. i'm pretty sure he's on the nesba ubb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts