Sportbike World banner

2001 929RR colors??

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  VTRPilot 
#1 ·
It's a little early for this, but does anyone have any ideas on new colors for 2001 on the 929RR? I'm sure Honda will have a new scheme. I can't wait to get one in the spring, but I'm sick of seeing yel/blk and red/wht.

------------------
2000 CBR600F4 -Yellow
All Tricked Out

#2 ·
According to several dealers and Honda Corporate suits I've spoken to, the 929 will probably remain unchanged for 2001. If you can get a hold of a European website, you can see the colors the Limies and Frogs get to choose from. They have three schemes that are totally cool.

Honda is currently redirecting it's R&D efforts to the heavy middleweight (read 750+) division. They feel they have the liter category rapped up with the 929, the RC51 and the XX. The boys in Japan have decided to go after the ZX7, the Duc 748 and the Gixxer 750. One of the plans on the drawing board is to scale down the SuperHawk to around an 800cc version as an entry into the market.

Best guess for R&D on the 929 is maybe in 2002. I've got my spies out and my contacts in the corporate offices shoot me an email from time to time. I will keep y'all posted...

------------------
We don't know where we're going, but we're making good time!...STC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.