Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a 2000 Honda CBR F4, low miles, well-maintained, unlimited warranty, and never raced or ridden hard. This will be my first "serious" bike and I was wondering what the experienced riders on this website thought of this purchase. Does anybody here own, ride, or have a friend who owns or rides one? Any comments, concerns, problems, warnings, etc.??? Should I look elsewhere or buy this thing a.s.a.p. before somebody else does? I could really use some guidance here people...anything you have to say would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance,
-Dan

P

·
0 Posts
With the introduction of the new CBR600F4i in 2001, I don't think you'll have a hard time finding low-mileage 2000 models, as so many people have to have the latest and greatest. I don't think you'll find anyone here that won't tell you that the F4 is a good bike. Several of our members own F4's and as far as I know, they all love theirs (and CBR600F4gd races his). Sure, it may not have the racer's edge that the Yamaha R6 has, or the new GSXR600 or F4i, but for someone just moving up to a sportbike, it's an awesome choice. Excellent fit and finish, ergonomics, motor, tranny, Honda reliability, etc. If the price is right, you can't go wrong, IMO.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the site!:cool:

In response to your question: I was a total rookie before I purchased my F4i a month ago (I guess 1 month of riding makes me a pro;)) All that I can say is I love it. Granted you wont get the fuel injection, but the bike is very similar beyond that. It IS the great starter bike that everyone says it is. Plus I can already tell you that you won't be bored with it in a month...probably ever. Don't just take my word for it though...ask around a little and then let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Whenever I hear anyone that is trying to sell a bike say "I've never thrashed it, or had it above x revs" etc, I throw that statement away. I mean it's a motorbike. They are made to be riden hard (don't get me wrong here). Taking a very close look at the bike should give you a much better indication of how they treat it ....

Never ridden the F4 myself, but anything that's better than the F3 has got to be good! :)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who needs a 2000 when the 2001 is so cool?

Hey guys! Spoke too soon! Just ran into an old buddy who happens to work at a Honda dealership and, long story short, looks like I'm getting a new F4i. Yippee!!! Things are looking up!
Thanks again for all the great feedback!
Ride Safe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts