Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post because I would like some input from riders.

My friend has a 2000 Honda CBR600F4i for sale with 12, 000 kms (7454 miles) and he said he will sell for $6000 CAD ($5,035 USD) with the racing jacket.

The only thing that happened to it was he hit the ditch with his bike and destroyed it but completely rebuilt it.

He has some add ons like a hindle pipe but I never really asked him what all he had.

Is that a reasonable price for the bike?

-Colin

·
Registered
5 Posts
rebuilt it? is it titled salvaged now? if so the value of it should be way less probably about 3000....resell value for salvage isnt good...but doesnt mean the bike doesnt work.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
No, that's not a reasonable price.

And if you're new to the fun, check out the top threads in this forum for more hints on good starters.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yea dont buy the first thing that you see even if you really have an itch to ride. Everyone told me not to buy my first bike I bought, but being 18 I did it anyway. Now I have a non moving fzr600 in the garage. :rolleyes: Guess they were right about living and learning. Wouldnt buy anything non running ever again unless I was a mechanic.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The F4i did not come out until 2001. In 2000, the CBR 600 was an F4 (non-fuel-injected).

He's asking way too much for that bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would $5000 CAD ($4,203 USD) be more reasonable, and no its not titled salvage, its mechanicaly working good

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
For reasonable pricing I advocate www.nadaguides.com.

www.kbb.com is another possibility, but it gives values which are quite unreasonable :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts