Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal.....

I see no support for the new zx6r on this site. I'm going to by a new 600, and the F4 is ahead based on the amount of info available in the Honda section. Is it that the bike is new or that no new 6R owners are registered?

The reviews have been good, but I want to hear from owners!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
His wife will never let him come to Deal's Gap. After the way he disrespected former President Carter last weekend. :eek:

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i saw one on the street yesterday. nice looking bike.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
205 Posts
i know exactly what you mean 6T9,
when i bought my bike it was a between the F4 and R6, all the honda questions i asked got answered in sworms but i asked one simple question in the yammi forum and NOBODY answered it. i asked if people that have rode to up had their passengers complain about comfort? no answers, i didn't know, and now i am a honda owner! even though our fearless leader is green, no offence! there seems to be alot of red riders in this forum. i hesitate sayign that, knowing that we shouldn't say that this site favors honda AND IN NOWAY DOES IT!! it just proves that...
"you meet the nicest people on Hondas..."

------------------
Nick
You meet the nicest people on Hondas

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i think the forum is reflective the marketplace. honda will always sell a lot of 600's. they have great quality and the magazines love them.

unfortunately, the other 600's get lost in the crowd.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I agree,
There are just more people out there with Fx's then ZX-6r's. Mostly because I think they are just more popular. (I won't get into the reliability debate, I don't have an opinion).

Me personally, once my 6e has outlived its usefullness, a 6R will be my next bike :). I don't have a desire to go up a class, and I am very happy with Kawi's (I'm green blooded even if my bike is red...there's green under the cowling..I found it)... :D

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
<A HREF="http://redninja.sportbikeworld.com" TARGET=_blank>
http://redninja.sportbikeworld.com</A>
99ZX-6e

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNinja:
snip...there's green under the cowling..I found it)... :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better get that leak checked out Will! :D

I think that the ZX6R will get there as far as the popularity is concerned. The F4 and R6 just had one helluva jump on it.

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
Better get that leak checked out Will! :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete,
Spose I oughta be careful about what shows up under plastic :D

I guess I forgot to mention that my next will be red too :)...I just have a thing for red...just not Honda red. :p

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
<A HREF="http://redninja.sportbikeworld.com" TARGET=_blank>
http://redninja.sportbikeworld.com</A>
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
6R...Shmicks R. F4...Shmeff 4.

Buy a Ducati...you know you must have it...feel the need...be the bike. :p

------------------
-Paul
748_abuser

·
Registered
873 Posts
RedNinja?????

SACRELIGE!!!

:)

I have alot of ZX6 "love" so to speak,
Whether its a 600R, 6D, 6E, 6R or 6Pack
Theyare all beautiful things. Even more beautiful if they are green... well maybe not the 6-pack

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a ZX-6R... although it's a '99 I love it! It is great and fast and it looks and FEELS awesome! I Love the new ones too, they just are bad ass! You'll enjoy it, I'm SURE of it!!!
Joe

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you do some searching in the mags u will find that the y2k zx-6r was named 600 class bike of the year :D .The bike beat out the r6,and the f4 so I will say that the bike must kick ass to be the leader of those bikes.I mean to be better than the r6 god help us maybe I should have gotten the zx-6r instead of my slow and abrupt throttle zx-9r :rolleyes:

------------------
Chris Blackman
If it is GREEN it has to be better!
www.memphissportbikes.com

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just remember when you think of sportbikes the Ninja name always gets it due :D

KAWASAKI RULES :D :D :D :D :D

------------------
Chris Blackman
If it is GREEN it has to be better!
www.memphissportbikes.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2000 ZX-6R and I love everything about it my friend has a 2000 R6 and we traded bikes one day and the R6 is a nice bike but for the long rides its not the best thing I have ridden. my friend loved my bike the two are very close but the ZX has much more comfort. you don't see to many of them (which I think is good) but when ever you talk to someone about it no one has anything bad to say about it and anybody that rides it likes it better than there bike all in all its a winner and if I were you I would go for the ZX-6R

------------------

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tf2t and everyone else,

Thanks for the replies....

tf2t, in all the US reviews, they rave about the 6R's vast improvements in brake feel and stopping power, yet, in some of the Euro mags I've seen, the y have the 6R ranked no 4 behind the R6 and F4 and new Triumph TT and report how badly the brakes are. What's your opinion???

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Brakes? who needs those?
but for somereason you do you'll be glad your on a ZX6-R the brakes are great
they feel very much the same to the R6 that I rode. I used to have a 93 ZX6 and I just about went over the handle bars the first time I grabbed the brakes on my new ZX6-R! the brakes are great you'll be happy
I have nothing to say bad about my 00 ZX6-R I have also rode since my last post a 00 F4 and still I'm very happy with my purchase.
I'll let you know next week what I think about all the diff 600's. Me and my buds are going to ride Deals Gap! we'll see what comes out on top. (or just comes back in one piece! hehehe)

------------------

G

·
tf2t,

I'll be camping at the Crossroads of Time Campground. I'll have the RC 51 there and my wife will be down part of the weekend on her SV650. I've got to go finish packing. I drive a black Nissan pickup. Maybe I'll see you there. If we don't hookup then you guys/gals have fun and be safe. :)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts