Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
how big is the file?? if you can email it under 10mb.... I can upload it to my site and host it for ya....

just let me know....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
File Size

bluR1dude said:
how big is the file?? if you can email it under 10mb.... I can upload it to my site and host it for ya....

just let me know....
It's 10.136MB.

Wonder if anyone has seen it already. The clip was taken off a Jeremy Clarkson commentary between a Porsche 911 C4 and an R1 ridden by Nial McKenzie going around in Hampshire.

The comparison was done to dispell gossip on what is faster around the track,.the Porsche 911 Carrera4 or the R1.

I zipped the file down to 9.892MB if that works.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Never seen it...

I never seen it..

Seen Darius racing an R1 in his 240, pretty sweet clip off of a redlight...

anyway, if you have broadband, send it on to my email below and I'll upload it and host it for ya on my videos page by tomorrow sometime.....gotta head to work, later on dude

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: File Size

m0j0 said:
It's 10.136MB.

Wonder if anyone has seen it already. The clip was taken off a Jeremy Clarkson commentary between a Porcshe 911 C4 and an R1 ridden by Nial McKenzie going around in Hampshire.

The comparison was done to dispell gossip on what is faster around the track,.the Porsche 911 Carrera4 or the R1.

I zipped the file down to 9.892MB if that works.

For those of us who haven't seen the video.... What was the result?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
From all the write-ups and tests and videos I've seen, it depends heavily on the bike, the car and the track (thank you Mr. Obvious!), but I think it depends most importantly on the rider and the driver.

I recall a Motorcyclist article where Kevin Schwantz rode the gixxer 1k and drove the Vette Z06. In almost every test the bike spanked the Vette. Something like had they been on the track at the same time the bike would have lapped the car every 12 laps or something. Put the same two against each other with an good driver and "average" rider and the result would probably be much different.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rejected..

:( Tried sending the file to blueR1dude,.but server rejected the file due to size limitations.

What shd I do now?...:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
hmmmm, well..... you're only other option is to find a web host out there that you could upload the file to.. so others can go out and grab it...

you'll need FTP95 or another client to do this with....

·
Registered
925 Posts
www.uponone.com and upload it there

edit: theres a 10mb limit on UpOnOne, so you`ll have to trim it down a little.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Um.... ok

Yea, that one doesn't impress me.... For those of you that know Darius.. he use to have an awesome video of him racing an R1 with his 240z... that is impressive...

Plus, they compare a 98/99 R1 with newer C4. The rider didn't even get into it til the end.. he should have been elbow draggin like a fool.... the porsche was all over the road / grass and every inch he needed to win.. the rider gave up...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice one - thanks

Good vid Mojo, the commentry is pretty dodge by otherwise interesting.... Not sure I'd be sticking that old wobbly R1 up the inside of a four wheel drift either though.

Of course the car is faster, try it with a rolling start and it'd win by even more BUT you can't wheelie that cage :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts