Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to by a 99 f4 w/ 7000 miles for $5,500 otd from a dealer in crete, iL.

The price is well under book value and it has me worried. I've been seeing f3's for around the same ptrice. I rode the bike today and it seems solid....the only thing, other than the honda engine whine is a tcking that I hear. Is this normal to all f4's??

Need help..going to buy tomorow morning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 200 honda F4. I hear a similar ticking noise from both the left and right sides of the bike near the gear shift(left) and rear brake(right). I am thinking this is from the cam chain tensioner. Is this most likely correct? What is involved in replacing the tensioner with a manual one?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got my local shop to make me up one personally. I think they searched around but couldn't find any aftermarket ones surprisingly! LOL
Note: someone shoud make and sell these things because they WOULD sell!

Otherwise I'd recommend you get yourself a copy of the workshop manual, and model a manual one on your existing one, or even convert it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a 99 F4 with 7000+ miles on it. I also have the ticking noise, I have not checked into the chain tensioner. Mine runs great and have no other problems.

What color is the one you are looking to buy, 6T9? Although color should not make a difference, it is why I got the F4!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts