Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded a POS moped for a friends 98 Honda Hornet (599) 600r. Looking forward to getting it on the road. Just a problem came up. So, today changed all the fluids including gas, changed plugs too on the bike and a new battery. Got it started just fine and idled well, so I took it out for maybe a 3 minute run around the block. Shit was fucking FUN! Came back smoked a cig and started it back up. Wanted to piss off the neighbors even more so while I was sitting on the bike I go to rev it to the 13k redline. Got to 5k and was slightly breaking up and wouldnt go farther. I just shrugged it off thinking it probably has a rev limiter when its not in gear and moving. Went for another spin and this time at higher RPM it would lack power and not rev like it should. Then it completly died on me. Pulled to the side of the road and tried starting it. Sounded like it was firing but hardly at all and wouldnt run.I try starting it a few times and nothing. So I start pushing this heavy bitch home. Shit was hard so I stop to try starting it again. Same thing. Tried pulling the choke and it would start up and run but hardly, so I try to get going riding the clutch but it stalled cuz no power. Tried starting again, started, then died completly, all electics gone cuz the main fuse (30a one) blew so I ended up pushing it home. Any ideas WTF is wrong cuz I never had a bike before and Im wondering if its something simple before I start tearing it apart trying to troubleshoot it. While it was running it was fucking awsome riding it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Carbs need to be cleaned. Pull them, take them apart, and clean everything out. Including (and especially) the jets and passages.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Friends,

The Honda CB600F Hornet uses simple ingredients, thoughtfully combined to create a motorcycle far better than you’d guess. Old Honda CBR600F engine plus a basic frame, cost conscious suspension and upright bars make a versatile motorcycle that’s fun and practical. High level exhaust, USD forks and wide rear tyre add a dash of pzazz. The CB600F Hornet suits shorter bikers well.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts