Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning a sweet deal that I have found on a mint 1998 FZR 600, I am looking to get rid of my 99 CBR (don't like it). I have never ridden one of these and I was looking at the bike for something I can lay down and not feel bad about, my practice bike you could say. But at the same time I don't want to buy it if it's low on power, handles like crap, or is shitty for doing stunts on. Can anyone provide me with some feed back.

TIA

Rubber side down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have always heard that they are good beginner rides and nothing more, but I havent personally ridden one.Kinds odd lookin in my opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked into them a little more since my post, they just seem under powered, and yes funny looking. I don't think I'm going to buy it now, but I wanted to double check. I beginner bike is not what I want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I messed up don't know how I did that, could you move it? thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Beginner bike. Shyeah...

You realize, 10 years from now, they'll be saying that about the R6 and the GSXR600...

But anyway, for "stunt" practice? Naw, don't get the FZR. Your best bet would probably be to get a cheap, beat-up F2 or F3. Better mid-range, better brakes, and hey, they're Hondas, so you won't feel bad about tossing them on their ass.

Here's your beginner bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i don't know why i voted (no one else did) and i just made the connection with the "!" post.

fzr600's are under-powered.

azscott's 600 looks like a real dog there leading the race.

oh well.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
AZ Scott said:
But anyway, for "stunt" practice? Naw, don't get the FZR. Your best bet would probably be to get a cheap, beat-up F2 or F3. Better mid-range, better brakes, and hey, they're Hondas, so you won't feel bad about tossing them on their ass.

LMAO!! That last line was a comedy grenade. It took me about 3 seconds to get it then I about pissed myself. :D:D

Tony,

AZ is not leading... he's a back marker about to get passed by a teenager. :p

AZ, that's what those anti-Honda remarks will get ya. :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
AZ Scott said:

LMAO!! That last line was a comedy grenade. It took me about 3 seconds to get it then I about pissed myself. :D:D

Tony,

AZ is not leading... he's a back marker about to get passed by a teenager. :p

AZ, that's what those anti-Honda remarks will get ya. :D

As for the subject. I voted before reading what was needed. The FZR is a good street bike for the price but it is not going to have the capabilities that you desire. GSXR600 is what you need. It is very popular with the Squids doing stunts. I don't mean that you are a Squid just that they seem to be able to do that stuff on the older Gixxers. Wheelies and Stoppies alone don't make you a Squid... doing them on busy city streets and busy parking lots does make you one though. ;) IMO :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I ask is that I am fairly good at doing, I hate to call it this stunt riding. I've been riding Observed Motorcycle Trials for a long time so it's a natural for me. I just have this mint 99 CBR that too be honest I'm not real happy with, but thats another thread. I really don't want another 600, but this was such a sweet deal. I want to get another early 90's GSX-R 750, to be able to screw up and dump it and not cry. Because lets face it, if you don't dump it every once and a while, your not pushing your self. Any Trials or Motocross rider knows what I'm saying.

F-in cold again in DE today.

P

·
0 Posts
LifesAStoppie said:
Because lets face it, if you don't dump it every once and a while, your not pushing your self. Any Trials or Motocross rider knows what I'm saying.
Applying the same logic held by off-road riders to the street, IMO, is simply ridiculous. The street is not the place to "push yourself" to the point of crashing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well obviously I don't apply the same thought to the street, concrete hurts a hell of a lot more than dirt does. Much less moving cars and ouch, guard-rails. But behind every good rider is at leaste a couple good F-ups. I've read a couple threads of poeple saying how much of a god they are at rolling stoppies, wheelies, racing and so on down the line, but have never crashed. I don't believe them.
I don't want to crash but that is part of racing. I've got 2 crashes under my belt, one in the poconos and one due to the Town Maintence Crew dumping a lot of gravel on a road (a mistake) that was always smooth and grippy (that really hurt).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back to the original topic, I decided not to buy the Fizzer and I am awaiting a call back on a 1994 GSX-R 750, if it's not sold I'm going to buy it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
doh.. i voted very good.. but i meant ok.. becuase i thought we were talking about a yzf 600 (not an r6)... which is a very good bike for the street.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts