Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I know I have asked alot of questions on what bike to get and all of this, blah stuff. I am curious if any of you are knowledged enough and have the kindness toshare any info you guys have in this bike? Thankz a bunch!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like 'em

I bought a '96 F3 about a month ago. I am extremely happy with it. Even with 19.5k mi it starts right up when cold, gets 45-55 mpg, and doesn't have too much power to get away from you too easily. My only complaint is after riding alot in the heat my front brake gets mushy, like there's air in the lines or something. If i pump it a few times it hardens right back up. other than that, go for it.

damn, that sounds gross.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I confer with what viocurse has said on the F3. I have a F2 and its pretty much the same. If youre looking for a starter bike and potentially a keeper, which it seems like you are, its definately one of the best bikes to get. Just dont pay a lot for it. NEVER pay a lot for a first bike. I have the same deal with the braking too. Its just our outdated braking system... works fine but isnt up to par with todays systems. Just upgrade and it'll be sweet like the rest of them. Other then the hot days in the canyons they work fine. Ive made it a habit to pump the brake anyway.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a 95 F3 and I love it! :D I've had it for just over 2 years, done 30,000km's on it and I don't think you'll find a better 600 from around '95.

Only real problem I've had was with the cam chain tensioner, and my advice would be this: as soon as it starts playing up, save yourself a lot of time and hassle and go straight for a manual cam chain tensioner. I've had one for 6 months, and never had to touch it! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I owned a '97 F3, put 3,000 miles on it and loved it! Now I have a '96 F3 which I've owned for a year and a half and put 10 of 20 thousand miles on it... I haven't had any problems, they are excellent bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts