Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gUY selling 1992FZR600 Limited for $2,200 with 20,000 miles looks clean just changed chain and sprockets and ol changed when needed is this a good bike for new rider

how does it handle and is it fast

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
limited? was that the vance and hine replica fzr600?

it's not ideal for a new rider, but there is MUCH worse.

it's not fast when compared to a 954, but it's fast when compared to it's competition in 92. the f2 was faster and so was the zx6 of the time. but the fzr will out handle the zx6.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bike

Thanks So should I get the bike

Can it do the things that new bikes can do (wheelie,and keep up with new 600

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
One thing I would ask about is the transmission. Yamahas are notorious for losing 2nd gear around 14000-15000 miles. It's gonna be probably $1000 to fix if it goes out. Just FYI on that.

If it's in good condition, I wouldn't pay more than $2000 for it, but that's just me. The price sounds okay.

Any bike will wheelie if you learn the powerband and balance point. Not a recommended passtime for new riders, but in answer to your question, yes.

To answer your other question, of course it's fast! It's a motorcycle! How fast it goes is more dependent on rider skill than any amount of horse power it is endowed with. It's not as fast as say, an R6, but it will outrun almost any car on the road.

<parental caution> Take the MSF course also, and invest in good gear. </parental caution> :)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
yamaha transmissions tend to be notchy. but instead of fixing an fzr motor with a bad gear, just get a new one. they're cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts