Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a local seller that has a 1991 Yamaha FZR600 bike for sale for 1500 bucks. Do you think thats a good deal or not?

Im a new street rider. Not new when it comes to dirtbikes. My dad's friend (who is a motorcyle builder/ 1988 FZR/ 2004 R1 owner says its a good price if in great condition.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
525 Posts
That's a good deal even if the plastic is busted up, but not if there's mechanical problems. I saw a pretty rough looking FZR, about the same year for 1200, so 1500 seems like a fair price.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright. Im going to bring my dad's friend along to look at it, cause he does a really good job picking and explaining points that the bike should be lowered in price. :D We all hate someone like that, but hey, Im low on cash and I dont have a job! lol

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
That was my first sport bike. Good torque, excellent handling, great brakes.... but horrible tire choices. Don't know if anyone ever mastered getting a 17 in rear on those and maintaing the same geometry, but it would help with tires.

Even that aside, I'd say that's a fair price provided it runs well and all the parts are there.

Fun bike... I miss mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts