Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a race on TV between a STOCK R1 (AUD$19k) and a super-hot Porsche Gemballa with 600hp on tap (AUD$510k). The race was held on a track in Australia. Was a time-trial, not racing side-by-side.

The R1 was ridden by a guy who rides in the Australian Superbike series. Porsche was driven by a guy who races in the elite Australian motor racing series, the V8 Supercars.

Guess which one won???

The R1, by 1.5 seconds. :D

It lapped the track in 1min 16sec. The Porsche finally crossed the line in 1min 17.5sec.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Nice. Lets see some video.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tippmann said:
Nice. Lets see some video.
Sorry, can't help you with that. :(

It was just held during a break between races. I just happened to have the TV on at the right time to catch it.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
cookeetree said:
At the risk of sounding technologically deficient, what's Tivo?
Holy shit. You serious mate? I don't have one because i'm poor, but I know of them. It's like a vcr that records anything on tv w/out tapes and shit. Just set the time and watch it later.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tippmann said:
Holy shit. You serious mate? I don't have one because i'm poor, but I know of them. It's like a vcr that records anything on tv w/out tapes and shit. Just set the time and watch it later.
Ah, so it's a hard disk recorder. Don't know them as "Tivo", that's all. Yeah, we've got them over here, I just haven't shelled out for one.

We plan on installing a video capture card in the computer and use it to record instead. Less $$$. Then we can burn everything straight onto DVD if we want. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You guys are missing the point... A video capture card won't do it!

With Tivo, you record everything, not by time.. or channel... Just by the name of the show! You just tell it what type of things you want to watch, and it makes suggestions. You can record the whole season, one episode, Old reruns of the show on another channel.... You can fastforward through commercials, you never miss a show...

You can send the show to your computer, and burn it directly. It is awesome!!!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now THAT sounds awesome!

Did a quick Google search. It's not sold in Australia, but there is a service being provided for those who import one. Only the Series 1 is supported at this stage.

I think it's something I'll have to wait for, but it sounds like it's worth the wait! :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's also referred as DVR on DISH or something, equipment plus monthly $5.00 fee per receiver or was it $20.00, I forget

1 - 10 of 10 Posts