Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly got my new tls run in(dam i love it)But.........back tire is nearly gone to(1500km),glad im running it in.I have heard that a 180 instead of the 190 is the go.But why did suzuki put a 190 on it(looks)?What is the trade off on the 180 more wear,less grip?Was thinkin of pilot race when i first got the bike now i dont know(might have to buy em 10 at a time)

·
Registered
653 Posts
With all that torque on the TLs, maybe staying with the 190 would be better. I am just guessing here, but if you lost some contact patch, you could find yourself spinning the rear tire more than normal. Advantage to going to a 180 would be quicker handling.

Someone who has a TLs should chime in and clarify and tell you if they've tried a 180 on theirs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
180 vs 190

When I had my TL1000R I went down from a 190 to 180 and it was pretty awesome for a while. The 180 gave alot quicker handling but not as great of a lean angle and with the torque the TLR had the 180 wanted to scoot out a little when I rolled on the throttle in the curves. Makes sense i guess....not as much tire to use. The 190 gave me the greatest lean angle which in turn made up for the slower handling in my opinion. If i could get a better lean angle then i could take the curves at about the same speed and with more confidence. So with that said, I went back to the 190 after I wore down the 180...and it wore down pretty quick. just my 2 cents :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
190 vs 180

I think it depends on how good a rider you are and what kind of riding you do. I had the original 190 until I hit a nail (less than 2000 miles on it of course) and I went to the 180. I only ride street and I don't get too crazy out there and I couldn't tell the difference. I am thinking I will go back to the 190 after this 180 is gone and see if I can tell the difference. Some people swear by the 180 due to the faster turning and all that other stuff. I didn't really notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts