1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn, that's better than my Goped!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I wonder how it would handle with that 130 rear tire... I wonder what its 0-60 is as well. If its not fun to ride, its not worth having:twofinger I'd rather pay extra to ride my 750 at its 30mpg and have fun than to pay less and be board to death, but thats just me.

Sepias

·
Registered
80 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I wonder how it would handle with that 130 rear tire... I wonder what its 0-60 is as well. If its not fun to ride, its not worth having:twofinger I'd rather pay extra to ride my 750 at its 30mpg and have fun than to pay less and be board to death, but thats just me.

Sepias
I am guessing you didn't even look at the article. It says it is 0-60 in 6 seconds and tops out at 80 mph.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
something like that i could see my self tooling around;using it to go back and fourth to work. as long as it was built safely & i'm getting that 180 mpg...I would keep my bike for the weekends which is when i really get to enjoy the bike in any event. also it's not a matter of replacing my bike wtih an electric one.. i would use it to replace my car whenever i could just to offset the rising price of gas. They're talking about $4 plus a gallon now since we've already passed the $3 a gallon mark and i certainally don't get 180 mpg out of that beast. lol:D

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
MikeMirage1 said:
I am guessing you didn't even look at the article. It says it is 0-60 in 6 seconds and tops out at 80 mph.
I read the bullets and the specs, but missed the paragraph:eek: did you all look at the other ones they listed? I'd like to give this one a try.

Sepias

·
Registered
259 Posts
In some bike mag i have a guy put a hybrid engine into a brand new CBR600...supposedly got close to 100mpg and still handled like a cbr. That would be too frustrating for me tho..."congratulations, you own the slowest sport bike in the world!"

·
Registered
233 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I read the bullets and the specs, but missed the paragraph:eek: did you all look at the other ones they listed? I'd like to give this one a try.

Sepias
I'd like to give that dude's mullet a try. (damn that sounded gay)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I honest do not feel fuel prices will effect me. True they are next thing to $5.00 a gallon, but what the 'ell at 75+ yrs of age it is not going to have me easing off my hwy pace, planning out the use of my cage, sparing my cage with others & such.

Where I would feel the pain would be if fuel rationing for I do remember that during WWII. Sure I was only 9 yrs of age when WWII started in '39 & 15 yrs old when it was over. My Father's car started out sitting on wooden blocks though his job had a lot to do with moving troops on the CNR railway so often he had to use his cage, but even then he saved or else even his limited rationing would have run out partway through the month.

Obviously something like we all read on the 'net, as showen, does not interest me.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

If there was unlimited space in my garage, I would love to have one of these high-mileage motorcycles inside. What a great way to run a few errands, go to the bank, and drop some letters at the post office. I'll just keep using my bicycle for those kinds of things as long as I remain fit enough! :D

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
FloridaMx5 said:
In some bike mag i have a guy put a hybrid engine into a brand new CBR600...supposedly got close to 100mpg and still handled like a cbr. That would be too frustrating for me tho..."congratulations, you own the slowest sport bike in the world!"
The "Hybrid" cbr you speak of was a fully electric CBR600 F4. I forget what magazine it was from, but what I remember, the whole bike went about 200 miles on one battery charge.

Does anyone think that this bike is a bit odd? I mean the proportions seems a bit off. I don't believe that it's wheelbase is 52". It looks a lot shorter then that. Most sports bikes now are between 54-56" wheelbase.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is awesome!

Even though some people aren't affected by gas prices too much, I think this is a great idea for the environment. 180 mpg is totally sick and would be a HUGE saver in my pocket. Man....hopefully in 10 years they'll have these things perfected and have completely race equivalent machines.

Curious though.....how does this thing sound?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
^ more like one of those motorized skateboard razor's when the actual gas engine runs. The transmission will prolly be louder then the engine.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Never realized the question of the "sound" of the bike was so important to some. After all someone will probably come out with some gymic of where you 180mpg can sound like a four with loudest ever pipes to HD with straight pipes, to chopper about to come to LZ or F-18 screaming overhead very close, to a train to you name it---so much is avaliable through electronics.

I owned a real m/c that was so quite that my neighbor complimented my Father upon the electric m/bike I had purchased rather then my Vincent HRD, 350 AJS Trials, flat tracker & such.

No kidding my g/f loved watching the people waiting for the local town bus pick up with some noticing the two of us on this sort of strange m/c to mainly all the heads cranked around as we went by, for main sound was whisper or air & any sound from the tyres.

This was my 1947 LE Velocette which was a 175cc flat opposed SV twin 4-stroke, liquid cooled, three speed hand shift, hand crank starting, shaft driven, with s/arm rear end suspension while twin shocks, at the rear were easily moved for a pillion rider or riding solo AND it was built with a chassie like a car. Besides the whisper from the exhaust system you could actually HEAR the breaking points opening & closing. Fuel milage on this was something like 70 or 75mpg though top speed was no more then around 60mph,for you see it was designed just before the end of WWII with the Brits realizing many after WWII could not afford a car, let along the fuel rationing (yes it still went on for some yrs after WWII) & needed something simply for ANYONE to ride, yet be easy no matter what. Believe me it had a maze of smart ideas for those that knew nothing about m/cs & were not wrenchers, or left the ignition ON for 8 hrs at work or when they came home till the next day, yet even a normal woman could start it up with the greatest of ease.

I sold it to an elderly Scottish chap living in Cdn in '47 & found he had been broad sided in '52 so bike was rusting away. Bought it from him & rebuilt it in '52 & had it right up till around '69 then almost a Vintage bike only in dire need of money I sold it at a nothing price to help keep my farm going.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sad to hear you had to sell it, sounds like it was a nice bike and probly worth a mint now in days. Its unfortunate how things turn out sometimes.

Sepias

1 - 18 of 18 Posts