Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) now that i have ur attention... any1 know of any1 capable
of getting 130hp @ the tire on an R6 without NOS...
who can i send my R6 too?:confused:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It may only run for a mile or two but wooooohoooooooooo.:twofinger

30% gain at the rear wheel is gonna cost a whole lot more than just buying a GSXR750.:twofinger

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
apexismaximus said:
It may only run for a mile or two but wooooohoooooooooo.:twofinger

30% gain at the rear wheel is gonna cost a whole lot more than just buying a GSXR750.:twofinger
LMAO

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
It's been said, but you're gonna drop some serious $$$ into that bike if you want 130HP!!! You're better off selling the R6 and buying a GSXR 750 that will easily and cheaply produce 130+ HP as compared to your R6 that's gonna be a huge headache.

If you insist on keeping the R6 you could try throwing a turbo on it. Otherwise, a heavily modified R6 engine is gonna be a maintenance headache and a serious burden on your wallet!!!

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that the super sport bikes of AMA/WSB put down about 116-118 at the rear wheel. I don't think they can do a whole lot internally to the motor so maybe try and find out what they do to achieve that power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:( sorry no dynojet pulls yet.....the only place that can do it in my area is the harley shop..... they realy don't like doing sportbikes
and they have no way to pressurize the ramair system...
i recently installed a highpressure fueltube it takes air from
the ramair presurizing the float bowl..any how i'll take to
get a dyno this weekend..............;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
jamzr6 said:
:( sorry no dynojet pulls yet.....the only place that can do it in my area is the harley shop..... they realy don't like doing sportbikes
and they have no way to pressurize the ramair system...
i recently installed a highpressure fueltube it takes air from
the ramair presurizing the float bowl..any how i'll take to
get a dyno this weekend..............;)
Be careful pressurizing those float bowls. Too much pressure and you'll slosh the fuel around, you'll run really lean and blow your pistons. I've seem it happen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:( life just is not fair.....1st my local dynojet operator(a harley dealer) locksup the dyno....sick of the harley results....maybe they should us a bicycle dyno on the harleys'............
2nd wiseco makes a 652 overbore kit but only for the fzr600...
my R6 636kit only .i guess it will have 2 do........................:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know if you are still interested in this, but I was a race at Willow Springs 2 years ago and at that time they had a 600 superbike class. You could run a bike up to 650 cc. Grave's Motorsports had an entry and from what I remember, it was close to 650 cc displacement and they had a kit they sold? Give them a call and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you drop it off a cliff you might produce speeds like the horseys you are seeking.
No really, you will be looking at a big bore kit, turbo, NOS, etc. This will kill the reliability and fuel mileage that you have come to know. You could probably get a used R1 motor to fit easier and cheaper. I think that the frames are either the same or very similar anyway, so it might not be too hard. Also, the insurance company will still think it as a R6. With the R1 motor, you will have your power and then some with a few mods. You might even be able to use your present exhaust, etc.

Good luck
BTW, a friend of mine just hit 198 rwhp on his Gixxer 1000 with NOS! He is around 175 on the motor and hasn't even done any head work. He has cams, power commander, and exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
r6 mods

You almost cant get that kind of rear wheel hp on a production r6. The factorys are only getting max 115 117 hp on their bikes and they have 70 000 engines. Everything is different, from the cases to the rocker cover. They are from factory japan and when the north americans get their hands on it they just ride it. Cams give you around 2 rear wheel hp but more torque down low. The new r6 has even vurtually the same hp with a pipe and pc111 as stock. 103. so save your money or like the other chap said, put a turbo on it. Cheers and good luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.