Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there pulling off 12 O'clock wheelies? I know they are getting pretty popular and many people have acquired the skill. I'm going to put a bar on the rear of my R1 over the winter. I have a custom rear fairing that I made into a solo seat and I'm going to cut that to pass the bars through. Hopefully by this time next year I'll have them down. It will be a miracle if I don't mash the R1 in the process.

Can anyone here do them and if so, I'd love a few pointers.

Peace,
ChR1s

·
Registered
530 Posts
CHRIS................Contact Mike @ http://www.sportbikes.com and see if he can hook you up with PAVEL.............European Champion!

BTW............Mike is the gentleman that thought of this "Place for Stunters" idea. I lend my assistance in various areas to further the "Sportbikes Cause".

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn, too bad your're not a little closer. I know two people here who can do them, INSANE! Both of them have 929's with the aforementioned homemade 12 o'clock bar. They're the first people I've actually seen do one in person, I about shit myself. :eek:

·
Registered
429 Posts
i've done them a few times, but i've quit, its just too easy to wreck your shit and its scary as shit, i can ride a normal wheelie for a mile and half or so but the 12's arent for me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't take your feet off the pegs, and be ready to jab the rear brake. Expect to crash a few times and best of luck to yas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
a Must have for all stunters

Just to let you know man, I would get another bike if you don't want to mess your up. The R1's subframe isn't bolt on so if you break it your pretty much screwed. It can be done just depending on what you want to sacrifice. Also, I don't know if you've ever heard of a Cage for your bike but get one. I just wrecked attempting a 12 o'clock and little to no damage on the bike. I got one for my bike along with the wheelie bar and it made me realize that the frame sliders that I bought before werent nothing. These have replaceable ends and protects your bike especially the engine covers. I'll post my wreck and you can see for yourself when I figure out how to. They are made by Freestyle Inginuities ( I can get you one if you want one, it's a must for me). My bike hit hard at speed and started to flip and my buddies just picked it up and drove it off. The bike was better than I was,:thumb: If your interested let me know
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have any pics right now, because I don't have a digital camera. However, I'm going to Dallas this weekend and going to go riding with Point of Balance and Patrick from Sportbike Hype. I'll take plenty of pictures their and post them because they run the cages on their bikes. Patrick drops his bike at least a couple of times each time he goes out riding and hasn't replaced a cover one since he put it on. I'll try and get the pics as soon as possible.
Later,
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, I just got a digital camera for Christmas so I'll have the pictures of the cage and the wheelie bar by the end of next week for sure if not sooner. Sorry about the delay but I've been real busy with Doctor's visits and the Christmas holidays.
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut
PS- Does anyone know how to get a hi 8 video camera footage on the internet so that I can post my wreck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Actually I'd rather my bike not look like shit from wrecking, some of us don't have money to piss away on replacement plastic and engine cases etc.. So I guess I fall into that homo category. lol :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts