Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although I don't ride as often as I used to when the R1 was a bit more of a mystery to me, every time I go out something stellar happens. Each and every time I ride, solo or with my buds, I break a personal record or learn something new. Today I went out and absolutely destroyed my wheelie record. I managed a good 115 MPH (Still a little faster than I'd like) wheelie, I won't even tell you how long it was because I don't know and you won't believe me :D. I managed to muscle my way around a few slight bends and land the front with soft grace. Just a few minutes of my day has completely made my weekend. This is a sport where the only limits are within your own self. There is nothing I have analyzed more than riding and each time I go out there is a new relevant and valuable piece of information to be assimilated.

What I'm trying to say is... riding fookin' rulez above all!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
Is there not a special Fantasy or Stunting section for people like you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Smitty said:
Is there not a special Fantasy or Stunting section for people like you?
Buzzkill! :twofinger

Chris...nice post man. It is amazing how new lessons can be derived from each and every individual ride. I don't ride regularly anymore for obvious reasons, but whenever I get the chance, I take it and am surprised with the new revelations that come from a nice set of twisties or a leisurely ride through the park.

...countin' down the days until I can walk into the "toy" store and buy my next sportbike! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBR Brutha said:
Buzzkill! :twofinger

Chris...nice post man. It is amazing how new lessons can be derived from each and every individual ride. I don't ride regularly anymore for obvious reasons, but whenever I get the chance, I take it and am surprised with the new revelations that come from a nice set of twisties or a leisurely ride through the park.

...countin' down the days until I can walk into the "toy" store and buy my next sportbike! :)
Any ETA on the new bike yet Nick?

For a little while there I was starting to get unenchanted because I did not have a riding partner that I trusted with a similar riding but I've recently come across one other guy who actually challenges me. It's really cool because I am strong in areas where he could use help and he is strong in areas where I could use help. It's so much easier to learn when you have someone who has already been there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smitty said:
Is there not a special Fantasy or Stunting section for people like you?
Isn't there a drug for people like you :twofinger

J/K!!

Peace :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Congrats bro. Glad it's still doing it for you.


I myself was out working on the R6 a tad. The difference between my last bike and the R6 are amazing.
When I get the new sprocket maybe I'll try it one on the tank ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fizzman said:
Congrats bro. Glad it's still doing it for you.


I myself was out working on the R6 a tad. The difference between my last bike and the R6 are amazing.
When I get the new sprocket maybe I'll try it one on the tank ;)
I had the R6 before the R1, stellar bike. I'd still have it if it weren't for the tranny problems I had. Mind you however I had the first year R6 ('99) so Yamaha had yet to work the bugs out. Let me know if you do try a high chair (tank wheelie) and we can chat about them in the stunting forum. I found a cat who taught me how to do them without sliding off the tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:


I had the R6 before the R1, stellar bike. I'd still have it if it weren't for the tranny problems I had. Mind you however I had the first year R6 ('99) so Yamaha had yet to work the bugs out. Let me know if you do try a high chair (tank wheelie) and we can chat about them in the stunting forum. I found a cat who taught me how to do them without sliding off the tank.

I was riding with a dude who was doing tankers (non highchair, legs to the side, split when up) I myself think the split looks much cooler, but the highchair is quite a bit harder from what I gather.
By the way, the same dude was able to start a stand up wheelie in 3 and 4th gear, on an r6.
I saw the 3ed gear first hand, 4 I can't fully verify, he said he did one or two with me, but I don't know for sure if he was in 4th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
Any ETA on the new bike yet Nick?
Well Chris, I may have it before the year is out, but most likely next Spring.

I am currently in a transition phase with my job, and will be heading to Detroit permanently before the end of this year. As soon as that happens, my pay will be more than doubled, my college tuition will be paid for, and I will begin looking for my next bike. I sure do miss riding!

Anyway, I was fairly convinced that I wanted the GSXR-750, but I recently had a short ride on a 2002 r1 and it fit me so perfectly I couldn't believe it. Also, I was considering the zx-9, but I really don't want a heavy bike (over 400lbs. dry).

Another wrench in the machine is the 2003 bikes that will be released soon. If the concept drawings are accurate representations of what the real things will be, then I may end up on another CBR 600. That bike looked BITCHIN' in the drawing!!!

So anyway, I will keep you posted. Whatever I get, look for an SV650 to follow shortly after, as I plan on racing next Summer. So that's the plan for now, but as I've learned...ANYTHING can happen.

...i've included a pic of the new CBR's proposed tail-section...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top