Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you see Sportbikeworld 10 years or even 20 years down the road?

This question was suggested by The_CB_Kid. Thanks for the great question!

I see it busy and going strong. At least I hope it is. This has been a great place for friendship and learning and I hope to see it continue for a long, long time.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
honestly, i think in ten years, technologies will be improved. i don't know what they'll be, but i'm sure it'll move forward with the new technology.

what will they be, why are asking me, if i knew that i'd be rich.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I would hope that Sportbike World will still be around in 10 years. And if I have any say about it, we will still be here. :)

I have been designing websites professionally for about 6 years now, and of all of the sites I have created Sportbike World is by far my favorite! I have mad a ton of great friends here, and hope to make many more.

Where do I see Sportbike World in 10 years? Well, I think the site will be much more interactive, and I think the interface will be accessed via some type of speech / video device, in addition to the keyboard.

I see us (in the near future) offering some type of review system for the users to offer reviews on products / services.

And who knows, if we are around 10 more years I might even get a chance to get off my butt and create some more screen savers and T-shirts! :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hmmm

I would assume that he suggested the question because World Superbike is going to be just another series here in 2001. Because of the introduction of four strokes to the MotoGP race series, WSBK is going to be a competing series. GP is considered the pinnacle, like Formula One. With no need to have 2 four stroke series I forsee WSBK possibly dying off, or at least being a second rate racing series with all of the big riders doing the MotoGP series.

My 2 cents.

P

·
0 Posts
Rob Nance said:
WHOOPS. I thought you meant WSB, not SBW! WHOOPS.

That has to be the funniest damn misunderstanding I have ever seen! Thanks for the great laugh, Rob! :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
LOL!! I wish Rob had done that in person in a big group of us! That was funny as hell!

Anyway, I have a good feeling that SBW will be around for the long term now. This really is a very unique group of people. :) I agree that SBW -and the whole internet- will be capeable of more interaction down the road.

·
Registered
405 Posts
In the future I see the moderators being paid! :D

Besides that I think that there will be so much traffic here that SBW will split into regional areas of the country so that we can keep up with everything that is going on.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ewwww, that's a horrible idea! More people over a larger area is always going to be better! Sure the site might have to get on a bigger, faster server, and get a bigger faster pipe, but I would hate to see it split up! I enjoy hearing about Canadian and other riders, to see what stuff they do and the problems they have, etc.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
Not only will I be a moderator, I'll be an Administrator!
Um...yeah right....

Considering the time and energy that Robert has put into this site and the feedback and popularity and can only see one possible future for SBW...growth!...lots and lots of growth...Everytime I meet someone here in Phoenix that just bought their first bike or who didn't know about the site, I give them the address and ask them to take a look....if we all do that just once a day, we are guaranteed to grow...

As far as moderators being paid:...you wouldn't have to pay me...I'd do this for free any day of the week...

Oh and I'll still be here 10 years from now...and I'll still be the "Water-gun-totin, Nazi Site Administrator"

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love this site. The people are hilarious and helpful. I'm new to the sport and I hope it grows and grows. The Netscape browser problem is driving me crazy though.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
We will be here and Squidwannabe will be old enough to drink alcohol while surfing SBW. :p

Rob you're killing me... World Superbike. LMAO!! :D:D

It would be interesting to know where the technology will be at that point. Squid' may even be able to free both hands for surfing the Gay bikers' webpages. :p:D He'll be at his voice activated computer saying "type-- Oh baby your big hairy ass looks soo good on that FatBoy. Oh, rub me..."

YUK!! You get the ugly picture I think. :eek::p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts