Sportbike World banner

105 in 55, opps

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Unas_the_Slayer 
#1 ·
opps.

was clocked going 105 in a 55 zone, plus it being a work zone in medium traffic. I pulled in an open lane, no cars in front of me for atleast 300 yards so gunned it. next thing I know this car was following me then goes beside of me. For a split second, I thought the blue was underbody lights and I was racing a riced out honda civic. Then the cop car goes and tries to push me off the road. At that point, I was already slowing down and pulled off the road.

So he goes in front of me. I turn off the bike and sat on the side of the road. The officer came and went. "Why in gods name were you going that fast?" I didn't really respond with an answer. He was asking why I was running, but I pointed out that I didn't run, I don't have mirrors so I didn't know I was being chased until he came beside of me.

I thought I was majorly fucked. All I said was that I made a bad choice to speed and that I was on my way home. The officer was nice and let me off with a warning. Yikes.

I'm so confused. Thats it, I'm moving to canada.

#2 ·
HOLY SHIT, you're one lucky SOB! :D

Really man, very lucky. That sort of thing would've set you back with $300.00 ticket to say the least. And uh, stay off the main roads with traffic, do that stuff on the backroads with caution. I got caught doing 82 in 55 in a car on backroad, the cop gave me $196.00 ticket.... so hehe. And he wasn't nice, said something like there are other cops wating on end of the road who could take care of me just as he did. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Z_Fanatic said:

Really man, very lucky. That sort of thing would've set you back with $300.00 ticket to say the least. :
Plus it's doubled because of a work zone, and if NC is like NJ then they would have slapped him with a wreckless. Then you'd have to hire a lawyer so you don't lose your license for like 6 months. Then even if you did get a ticket dropped you'd still have to pay insurance on 7 points on your license.. wait, now I'm just getting into self-pity :twofinger

Anyway, you are one lucky motherfucker. I roll without mirrors as well. It paid off last Saturday when my fuckin bike was knocked over by another bike sliding into it. :mad: I probably would have lost both mirrors if they weren't already taken off.

#12 ·
Angrypenguin said:
Chances are he didnt actually get you on radar. Maybe he was just in a great mood, maybe he was glad you actually didnt decide to run.

I would definitely go to church this Sunday though because you could of been in for a world of hurt.

They don't need to get you on radar when they're pacing you.

#13 · (Edited)
slaintedan said:
They don't need to get you on radar when they're pacing you.
Yea exactly, fuck that. He didn't not give you a ticket because he didn't know how fast you were going.. he's just a fuckin nice guy that was probably in a good mood. I'm sure that he either got clocked with radar, laser or maybe VASCAR or even pacing, although the way the story was told made it seem like as soon as the cop pulled out he pulled up next to the bike.. although if he was chasing you long enough to ask why you were running then I guess he probably did at least have plenty of time to pace you..

Edit: oh yea, I guess NC doesn't require that bikes have at least one mirror.. because if I point that out here I'll just get another ticket for my trouble :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.