Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
having my bike stroked to a 1026 was the best investment i ever made.however 155 hp isn't realistic on the street.reason being the race cams are not stop sign red light friendly.sps cams were put in my bike including everything else giving me 144+hp.people that say you can't use it or it's useless on the street are either jealous or can't ride.i also recently was shown the dyno print out comparing my bike to a gsxr 1000.the gsxr had a power commander installed and dynoed at ferracci.i think it was putting out 157 hp or maybe more but my bike still had more torque.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Are you saying you don't hit red line at least once in a while???

That kind of power is never a waste. You just use whatever is necessary at the time and have some left over just in case. And just in case is at least a half-dozen times a day for me.:D :D

That is some serious power out of a twin dude, how long does an engine like that last????????

welcome

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
no offense but bullet proof to him means making it through the superbike weekend and to the next rebuild on monday. :D :D :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
you guys must be complete morons.this man runs a business.he has made a name for himself finding, building and developing the best products available for race bikes AND street bikes.(mainly ducati) fast by ferracci is a premier name in the motorcycle world around the globe.i have put 2500 miles on the engine without incident.and i can honestly say it keeps getting stronger everytime its dynoed there is a hp increase.you guys should wake up,dont be so ignorant and misinformed.but most of all dont be a player hater be a player congratulater. OH AND MAYBE YOU KNOW THIS GUY. HE WON A SMALL THING CALLED WSBK CHAMPIONSHIP.THIS IS ME WITH HIM.I DIDN'T SEE COLIN ANYWHERE.MAYBE THATS BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT THING.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
What was the stroke added? 1mm or 2mm? Actually to say you can't use the top HP on the street is probably inaccurate. I'm sure there are riders out there that are using all their ZX-12 hp in first thru fourth, fifth maybe, but not too many in 6th. I would imagine that if this Duc was putting out that kind of HP the torque increase would be the most widely used function of this modification.

The only warning I would give is to keep an eye out for gold or brass colored speckles in the oil when you drain it. The extra torque sheer caused by the journel offset might reduce the life of the rod bearings. Other than than enjoy! I'm sure FbyF has done a few of these, so you should be "bulletproof"ish.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Facts are great. But if you don't lighten up, people around here are going to start asking you what color your Harley was when THAT was the trendy bike to own!:D ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i leave all that tech. stuff to fbf.living 5 miles from there i can do that.i don't touch that thing engine-wise since the upgrade.no not even oil changes.that way i'm covered IF anything ever happens.all this talk about reliability has me knocking on anything not plastic now!

·
Registered
766 Posts
RCjohn said:
Careful this is hard to take on an empty stomach. :eek:
Even harder with a full stomach. Oh man......the spaghetti sauce should wash out of the keyboard OK, but those little pieces of noodles have really worked their way down into the keyboard.:hurl:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts