Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I got an '05 ZX-6r and I put -1 +2 sprockets on it but it didnt give it the kick I thought it was going to. The bike comes up in 1st at around 7k rpms....which is 50mph roughly. I wanna be able to pick it up in 2nd at 30-40mph so Im going to take the -1 +2 sprockets off and put on the stock front and a +10 OR a +12 in the rear. WIll this give me what Im looking for guys?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Is that power or clutch? You should be able to clutch it in first at 15-20 with stock sprockets

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Try the clutch. You should have it figured out in less than a weekend worth of practice. Once you get it you wont go back, I promise. Then you can tell me if you still think you need a sprocket.

·
Registered
489 Posts
1st, second, and THIRD are all easily wheelieable with stock sprockets. -1 + 2 will let you do tank wheelies in second easier, but they can still be done on stock sprockets. +10 is borderline parking lot stuff. Still streetable, but annoying as shit if you want to try long distance ride or some twisties. Learn to wheelie first. Get good with the stock sprockets. Then get larger ones. Personally I would stick to the -1 +2 setup. It's nice. At the most I would go +5. Unless you're really lookin to just tear it up and stunt every day. Huge sprockets just aren't worth it. If you just like doing wheelies, don't go over +5. If you want to be the next darius or kyle woods, then go ahead, slap that +10 on there and give me a call! Ultimately the choice is yours. But thats my suggestion.

~:squid:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts