Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to custom paint your bike, what color or scheme would you do it in?

Hard question for me, I like so many. Maybe white with a black powder coated frame, swingarm and wheels or maybe a Smokin' Joe replica, as I really like that one. I also think silver with blue Honda wings might look nice.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've done blue and gold, I've designed white with red and green accents. I'm doing blue and silver on my SV. I think blue and orange has the potential to be really awesome.

I think I like blue!:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I really think it depends on the bike. I have seen a Erion 929 with the black frame that had the plastics painted black that looked tight. I saw a silver RC-51 at VIR that was real nice.

Personally, my plan this winter is to redo my -7R in the Suzuka Kawi color scheme. Plain Kawi green, with white on the front and black lowers and tail plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Check out these guys at the bottom of this page.

http://www.whaccessories.com/Other Stuff.htm

or your local bike shop should be able to round one up.

There are two downsides.
1. Cost
2. Shorter chain life. One of the Kawi tuners told me that the life on the chain is much shorter due to the process the use to colour the chain. They don't care cause they get them for free, but that is always a concern to me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
See know I really have a delma, I get a kick out of painting things in yellow, but now I already have a yellow bike....maybe a good candy castrol green with some graphics.

This was a 97' Honda Red F3, my old one....

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the flat black paints but is it possible to do a flat black without it scratching or scuffed? I noticed that a fingernail can easily scuff a flat black. Would a claear coat protect it or just make the flat shiney?

Miguel

·
Registered
17 Posts
RED AND WHITE MAKE A GOOD COMBO

MY 93CBR900RR IS RED AND WHITE. BUT IF I REDID IT IT WOULD HAVE A BLACK BODY AND YELLOW WHEELS AND EXHAUST WITH YELLOW RACING STRIPE ON TAIL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts