Sportbike World banner

10/09/00 - Smallest thing that made you crash.

15K views 42 replies 40 participants last post by  RedBull 
#1 ·
What is the smallest object that has knocked you down in a corner?

This question was suggested by photobug. Thanks for another great question!

I haven't had anything knock me down, but I think sand would definitely do it and that's pretty small!

------------------
Stacia
Administrator
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

#13 ·
A bright red Ford Ranger Pick-up, on the wrong side of the road.:mad::mad:
Had to get out of the way.:eek:
EX 250's look kind of neat doing somersaults:rolleyes:

#16 ·
Bizzzzy ride!

I was in bumper to bumper traffic doing 40mph on a nice summer day,when a yellow-jacket proceeded to fly down the collar of my riding suit and then have the nerve to get pissed at me and start stinging the he#@ out of my neck:eek:
There was no place to pull over so I rode along and with my left hand punched and pounded the heck out of the damned bee till he was no more.
A little while later I started to have an allergic reaction and get woozy and nauseous. Not at all a fun thing to have happen when you are out for a ride.At least I managed to stay upright and make it home!!:D:D

Jim

#17 ·
I had a wasp bury into my chest while riding my old Bandit 400. Hurt like hell on impact, and even more when I got stung. On a seperated occassion, I noticed a small bird cooked on my radiator one day, don't ever recall hitting a bird, but there she was, well done...:D

#19 ·
Smallest thing

Errrr... Ummmm.... saw a great looking woman. That wasn't the smallest thing that made me crash though, it was the resulting erection................................

#22 ·
Gravel for me, pissing me off cause the city didn't have the intersection lit and I'm still fighting for only $600 in repairs. I could have been dishonest and claimed bodily harm but I'm honest enought to just settle for $600, an apology, and time to heal a bruised ego.

#23 ·
Right after I sold my motorcycle to my friend in Va Beach, I was riding it home from work that day because when it was mine, I would let him ride it, and now that it was his, and my wife needed the car, I was riding it to work. This was the very next day after he gave me the money. I was coming out of a stoplight that I normally would have ran through when turning yellow....but THAT DAY, I stopped and waited for it, because it wasn't my bike anymore, and I didn't want to crash it. It had rained a little earlier that day, but the roads were pretty much dry. Or so I thought. They still must have been wet because when I took off, I leaned into the left hand turn, and started on the throttle. The ass end started sliding out, and when it did, it was so hard and fast, that it pulled my throttle hand down. I managed to actually keep it up for the first bout, but I don't know if I brought the front wheel up, or what, but there was some turbluence followed by a sudden impact on the pavement that did a number on my knee. I ended up crashing the bike on the right hand side while going into a left hand turn. Hmmmm. I think I lifted the front wheel and landed it crooked and thus caused the crash. It must have looked worse than it was, because about ten people stopped to see if I was okay. I was so pissed, that my only reply was that "my ego had a compund fracture." Ouch.

bRad

#24 ·
Seized front brake caliper on an RD400. My first real bike, my first real wreck. Slid into the ass end of a toyotapickup, kind of a forced stoppie. I remember looking directly into the bed then the rear end came down with a thud. The bike never fell over. but the fork stanchions were wasted. New ones cost more than I had paid for the bike. I got off with a scare and a miserable 4 block push back home.
Another incident (also on the RD) was sand around a 5mph right hander. Hey why is my bike on the ground in the other lane? Why I am I lying on my ass near the curb? Typical questions of a stoner 17 year old.

#26 ·
Luv2RideFast said:
What is the smallest object that has knocked you down in a corner?

This question was suggested by photobug. Thanks for another great question!

I haven't had anything knock me down, but I think sand would definitely do it and that's pretty small!

About 10 little 16-ounce brown bottles....:barf: I was living in Florida and owned a '91 Honda XR250 dual-sport. Me and two of my buddies, (both on sportbikes), rode over to Ft. Meyers to party. The party got busted, I was hammered, so we bailed to avoid jail. It was a 45-minute ride home and there is a HUGE 90 degree turn coming out of More Haven toward my home town. It's banked and about 25 feet higher on the lip than the ground, (sugar-cane field), just beyond it. My buddies had hauled ass toward town, and I was left cruising by myself, (doing like 65) and I guess I blacked-out, but the next thing I remember I was laying on my back in the sugar-cane field next to my bike, with a headache the size of the canal just passed the drop-off that I just cleared. It's amazing that I didn't die, but about the same time I came to, my buddies showed up at the top of the highway, (30-feet up). They said they had gone back to town and waited for about twenty minutes before turning around to come and find me, and then looked around for at least another twenty minutes till they checked the field beyond the highway. I learned two important lessons:
1.)Riding and drinking definitely don't mix.
and
2.)Pushing your bike 6 miles back to town because both of the bars are bent all the way back to the point that they are touching each other, and the front rim is bent to hell, is not the way to spend a potentially good Saturday night....See lesson one...:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.