Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished with uploading all of tonight's pictures to my imagestation. I will link the pics over to my site sometime this morning, after I return to the office, and have a cwap load of coffee :twofinger

Rob~ Send the pics that you have of tonight to my hotmail account, as I will not be able to check the rr.com address until late tomorrow night. Remember that hotmail has that 1 meg attachment rule.

Serious Note - Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for a speedy recovery need to go out to Debra (sp?). She was a cruiser rider who went down hard this evening, during our dinner ride. Butch from I-Yam says that she is going to be fine, and should be released from the hospital soon, to return home.

I am not going to preach about riding your own ride; we have seen it enough times to know. However, whilst in group rides, especially as large as tonight's was, remember that there are new riders all around you. Donna' ride over your head, and donna' do stunts that could cause issues.

Butch Tattoo said something about wheelies being popped whilst in the middle of the group again. I did not see any of this tonight, but this can, and will cause problems in regards to these group rides. Please remember this, and hopefully what happened tonight will not be repeated for some time to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i wish her a quick recovery sorry i left you guys early tonight i just did not feel much like eating and having a good time after seeing someone hurt tonight sorry

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw a few wheelies from my position near the back of the pack.

:mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn't see any wheelies either, BUT I WAS in the BACK of the pack with a new rider (What a concept!) I wish her a speedy recovery as well.

On the same topic... The powers that be need to be more aggressive in singling out the newer riders and placing them in the group where they will be the safest, say, towards or IN the back with a competent rider sweeping?????

Kudos for LoudAss Ninja waiting for stragglers - I wouldn't have found Lancaster's if he hadn't.:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw some wheeling in the group. I was in the middle and saw two people a couple of bikes forward doing it. Butch (Store owner) was right in front of me. He should have seen it.

Debra did not have any broken bones. Just a little sore.

71cuda

·
Registered
32 Posts
No broken bones? Is this confirmed? Last night I heard first that she had a broken leg, then I heard shattered kneecap, torn ligaments, etc...
Hopefully, no broken bones is correct. Either way, I wish her a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No broken bones is GREAT! I hope she chalks this up to experience ( or lack of it) and keeps riding!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If someone talks to her, ask her how she found out about the dinner ride.... I hope she doesn't say "lespaul85". Cause there was some woman on aol that messaged me about riding and I told her about it... I think she rode a yamaha cruiser if I remember correctly.
Anyways, as for the hooligans I'm all for wheelies and everything but on a group ride it's just stupid. It makes Butch think we're at fault for this stupid stuff that happens. There's a time to be a fool and there's a time to refrain.
As far as having the newbies ride in back (which is the place I like to be), I've read more group ride technique info about having them up front than in back. I don't really agree with that, but it is what I've read is the "proper" way of doing it. At least get them away from the hopeless hooligans.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all~

Does my heart good to know that ya'll have checked up on her. Thanks Scot for putting out an update on her.

The dinner ride pics are up, and the site has been updated. Go to Boomer's Domain and click on the Dinner Rides Button.

I will do more updates to the site, after I return from our 421 trip. Until then, ya'll be safe!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with you Jason - riding in packs is no place to fool around. I'm glad She's okay and no one else went down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great, sucks that she wrecked her new bike and all, but great that she didn't get hurt bad. Hopefully this accident will not deter her from riding, and maybe she can learn from it. As far as where newbies go in the pack; I think all the cruisers and newbies should be with the harley guys up front. This way they will have less chance to get left behind and need to catch up, also they will be in front of the hooligans, and the faster guys can slow and play catch up if they want to near the back.

One note about riding in groups with me, I pity the people behind me (I'm all over the road: Used to riding alone, and a Habit to be seen better by others) and I'm not the smoothest person out there. So if you ride behind me in the future, I apoligize for screwing up your smooth pace in advance. :twofinger

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cly or anyone not used to riding in groups, fixation is the worst thing when learning to ride in groups. I had a bad problem with it when I first started riding in groups. Got in over my head following a few zrx's in Ga. last spring.

Being a nascar junkie (yes its true) but from years of watching the incar cameras I picked up something that I tried when riding and it worked for me real quick, its hard to explain while typing, but if anyone wants my tip I will try to explain it next time we ride.

Rob

I think I'll go put on the weather channel to see if their playing any southern rock in the background
:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The damned part for my bike (detent spring) showed up thurs morning... bah.. missed another one.

As far as one wheeled shenanigans go... You guys wouldn't believe who was doing them in the middle of the pack riding 2x2 way back when there were only a couple sportbike guys riding :twofinger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts