Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience using this throttle system on the street? Considering it as a replacement for my currently non-existent control. Can someone refer a website? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Never felt a 'quick action' twist grip woul be needed ---

------ on the 929. It is close to that now.
I installed them on some of my dirt comp irons & tried it on my road racers, but never felt comfotable with it there.
A few customers had me put it on their dual street-dirt bikes (this was back in early 50s) & went back to stock as it was to touchy on the streets.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The last couple of bikes I had could've really used on the those. My wrist would always be at an awkward angle when cruising at a high speed for an extened period of time. I never looked into one, but would like peoples thoughts and any info on them.

A friend of mine told when he installed one on his Hurricane years back when he raced, he took almost a full second off his lap times.:eek:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Wrist in an odd position when cruising??

That has me totally baffled for I roll the twist grip & the position of the hand rarely changes. Even if cranking it up form nil speed I simple roll the throttle & ALWAYS when doing this my two fingers remain over the f/brake lever which is proof that my wrist is not in some strange position almost from start, to scooting along, till coming to a halt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts