Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few years ago someone told me he had a bike i believe it llwas an 86 600r mid year version that came with a 1/4 throttle.. was he telling me a story?? does this exist.. could i convert my bike to this set up.. i have an 87fzr1000 and it seem to have a looooong throttle.. sometimes i have to wrap my hands around the bottom so i can get it WIDE open.. i found that alot of times when i was whacking the throttle i was only twisting it about 90 %

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could be wrong on this but heard that people do it for race bikes. I was looking to get a RZ350 (think that was it) back in the early 90's and a few that I looked at had 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The hondas are twins, cable push and pull but I don't think it will adapt to the FZR. Maybe you need to try adjusting some of the slack out of your cables and it might get better... There are some after market 1/4 turns but I am not sure if for you bike or where to look. If I find something I will post it though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1/4 throttle assembly

I have an brand new "Emgo" universal throttle assembly for sale that is fully adjustable. It uses a single throttle cable but will still work with your carbs. (cable not included)

$15.00 USD + shipping

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Some fools are asking for an even quicker twist grip on the Honda 929 which is much closer to the old MX LARGER drum twist grips.
I tried it on my road racer back in 1950 & could not control it, so went back to normal.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Like my Yamaha YZF600r with a smaller twist grip drum. On the 929 at times I will slack off the grip (not noticing it) & SUDDENTY the engine seems to cut off --- then realize the grip-drum had slipped back to almost closed position --- extremely fast. So would prefer the 929 to have the same as the 600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts