Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 F-4 the last time i ran it at the strip i turned 11.4 almost every run at 122 mph this time i could only turn 11.4 once and the rest 11.6 but the best mph was 119.tonight it was alot hotter outside then b4 and lots more humid my question is is that normal for performance to suffer that much do to temp outside??? or could i possibly have a problem ohhhh anyone with F-4s what kind of times are you turning????

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yes, Higher temps. do cause a measureable loss in power/ performance.

This might be of intrest to you:
http://207.150.82.148/SpecsDisplay.cfm

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited August 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's true that hotter temps decrease performance some. Hotter air doesn't contain as high an oxygen content as cooler air does. Hotter air is less dense...
Engines need oxygen to burn fuel and I think that only about 20% of the air we breath is oxygen, and about 70% nitrogen. God only knows what the rest is...
Be safe and have fun!

------------------
Thomas

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cool, dense air is what's needed for maximum power.

That's why a lot of turbocharged motors use intercoolers. The turbo is great for ramming in a bunch of air, but that air is HOT. The intercooler helps keep the air temp down. Go back to the strip in the fall when it's a bit cooler- then check your times again.

'cane

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hurricane (edited August 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Hellspawn,

I used to live in Peoria and will be back there in a couple of weeks for a visit, if I have my bike with me then we should go ride! What kinda bike do you have?? Lemme know. :D

Welcome to the forum! Its great here! Everyone has lots of experience about bikes and other stuff!

------------------
I only have one rule for girls, if you go for a ride on my bike, then I get to take you for a spin later!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Umm, don't pay any attention to my question about your bike! I'm kinda slow. :D ;)

------------------
I only have one rule for girls, if you go for a ride on my bike, then I get to take you for a spin later!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I took my F4 after I put my Yosh Comp. Slip-on and Factory® Jet kit in it. I ran an average of 10.99. My best was 10.913 (WOOHOO) and worst was 11.72 (Oops) Anyway, the jet kit helped a lot, and the pipe and K&N filter make the bike scream at higher speeds.

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts