Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen on a Motorcycle?

This question was suggested by photobug! Thanks for another great question.

I have seen a dog riding in a tank bag. Her name was Tiki and we talked to the guy on the bike, who informed us that Tiki loves to ride and in the twisties, she sits way up in the tank bag in the straights and crouches in the curves. Pretty cool.

I also saw (right before we moved from Miami) a guy riding an F4 with long, red fur covering the bike and he was perched on the tank with his legs over the windscreen, looking all around and zipping in and out of traffic without a care in the world. It looked kind of goofy.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
It would have to be Paul(748_abuser). :rolleyes: :p :D

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is a guy that used live around here who used to ride his Harley around with his Rottweiler sitting on the gas tank. He used to shop at a store where I worked, he said he never left home without his dog and the Harley was all he had for transportation.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
405 Posts
RCJohn riding his bike in a thong! :D

I have seen a lot of stange things and the best place to see them is during the parade at bike week. There you can see it all.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
65 Posts
We just had a "Gay Pride" parade here in Reno. There were quite a few interesting "people" on bikes, dressed in a wide array of freakish costumes. There was a guy with a sidecar made up like a giant cock and balls, but they made him get out of the parade after a block or so. There was also a large contingent of "Dikes on Bikes"; large, scary women with bad tempers on vibrating twins, shaking their rather nasty parts to and fro :eek:! Other than that, it was just another day in paradise here in the "Mississippi of the West"...

------------------
"CAUTION: Cape does NOT enable user to fly" - Warning label on Batman Halloween costume

·
Registered
62 Posts
1- A neon pink, spraycan painted Honda, no clear and white drips coming from around the tank. (from spilt gas)

2- Someone getting a hand job from a girl that he met 30 minutes before, I won't say who.

3- A guy on a Gold Wing acting hot, doing a wheelie.

Last- A Harley that did NOT leak any oil!!!

- Jeff -

------------------

Kahuna's Home Page
ICQ # - 14578052

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited September 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahuna:
1- A neon pink, spraycan painted Honda, no clear and white drips coming from around the tank. (from spilt gas)

2- Someone getting a hand job from a girl that he met 30 minutes before, I won't say who.

3- A guy on a Gold Wing acting hot, doing a wheelie.

Last- A Harley that did NOT leak any oil!!!

- Jeff -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Jeff, I believed you until you made that "last" statement... it was just too outlandish to believe. :rolleyes: :p :D

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

[This message has been edited by RCjohn (edited September 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, how about a YZF 750 with the fairing removed and a single round headlight with a set of high cruiser type bars mounted. The bars were not ape-hangers but they were close
enough.

C.V.

------------------

·
Registered
62 Posts
I forgot one... My buddy was working on his FZR 750, had his tank off, side panels off, rear tail panels off and seat off. He decided to take it for a quick test ride before buttoning it up. He stoped over my house (I was outside when he pulled up) and I almost passed out from laughter... here he is with a 1 gallon gas can between his legs, no body part besides the front fairing, no seat, no tail lights of tail section panels. FUNNY seing something like that coming down the road!!!

- Jeff -

------------------

Kahuna's Home Page
ICQ # - 14578052

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited September 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited September 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had forgotten about this till this topic came up...
When I was about 16, and was out with some friends for the night, we were stopped in a a car at a traffic light. It was a 4 way stop; we were in the middle lane to go staight through the light. On the left side a gentleman of about 65 pulled up on a vintage Honda CB 750, decked out with huge windshield, CB radio antenna, wire baskets on front and back. He was wearing a half face helmet, sparkly gold I believe, large Jackie O. glasses, a palid shirt and jeans with loafers. This was too much. We broke down laughing at this poor guy. Evidently he was not too happy with our mirth, and when the light turned green, he gunned the throttle, prepared to rip out a vicious left turn, but for some reason he went straight. Across the street was a gas station, with a rather large concrete curb before a grassy area. He managed to run straight into the curb, at about 25 mph. jacknifing up and over into the grass. He got up, didn't even look around, and rode off like nothing happened. We had barely pulled away from the light and watched it all unfold. Being young and stupid, it was too much for us, and we laughed about it all night. It's mean and it's bad and I'm going to hell.

------------------
j.-
"rawlbrughhhlearlaurTIMMY!"

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
A guy who was an inter at my job with a large red smoothie between the tank and his crotch. He braked checked himself and had the red smoothie all over his crotch for the rest of the day. His GSXR (white and blue) had pink dribbles from the tank to the bottom of his lowers. Some people pay big bucks for that kind of paint job. It cost him $1.79.

------------------

·
Registered
440 Posts
In the mid 70s I was driving cross country from Dallas to Washington, DC, with my grandmother. As we droned across Tennessee we spied a guy on a chopper (I think it was a Triumph, but the memory is a bit fuzzy after all these years) with a Doberman Pinscher perched on the gas tank. The strange but cool part was the rider and the dog had matching vests and goggles. The sad part was neither was wearing a helmet. Now that would have been a sight - a dog with a Captain America helmet ;)

------------------
"I was born yesterday, but I was up late last night."
Gary P. Nunn

·
Registered
177 Posts
I saw a little blurb on the local news this spring about a priest or monk in some little town in OK that had homebuilt a bike from a riding lawnmower engine and a hand-welded tube frame. The thing was, every spring he loads up a backpack with some clothes and heads out across the U.S. on this little homebuilt. They said he had ridden across the U.S. 3 or 4 times. The fastest it would go was like 45 mph. That's someone who just loves to ride.

------------------

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
The strangest thing I ever saw had to be when I was on my VFR and 4 guys in Geo Metro wanted to race. I never laughed so hard in all my life. Of course I dusted them.... I felt bad... for a second, then I just laughed that much harder.

------------------
It's only illegal if you get caught.

·
Registered
94 Posts
just for john-
a large whip antenna on a DR350 and a shark beerholder who is expecting a certain orange barrelled ducati rider do some unmentionable things to it.

and oh yah, a gal on a sportbike with 2 ferrets in her tankbag.

------------------
Amy
"Smiling from gear to gear."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here in NZ, we had a guy called Max & his cat called Rastus, He rode an old BMW with Rastus on the bars & tank.

The cat had a helmet and gogles and would travel with Max the length of the country, to promote the SPCA.

Sadly, Max & Rastus were killed by a lipstick applying cage driver, Thousands of bikes attended the funeral.

Max did alot for good biker - general public relations.

Ross

*Max was from Canada

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

G

·
There is a ski area up here called Arapahoe Basin and it's the highest lift served ski area in the lower 48.It stays open until July 4 when there is good snow pack.I was heading up with some buddies for some spring skiing when some guy passed us on a Beemer with a long piece of PVC strapped to his bike with his skis in it and boots strapped to the back......looked like a blast!

------------------
xxman

·
Registered
443 Posts
I havent seen this but i though it might be funny as hell to see someone try to ride home carrying a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood on their sportbike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did see once on America's Dumbest Drivers or something like that a guy on a motorcycle with a 2 x 4 strapped across his passenger seat that was hilarious.:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts