Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you keep your bike when you're not riding it? Do you ever cover your bike?

It dawned on me while we were looking for a house last week, we'd HAVE to find a house with a garage for the bikes. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it any other way. That's what brought this question to mind. We keep ours in the garage. We've even been known to keep them in the house at times but that's a bit crowded.

I don't cover mine at all (maybe because I don't have a cover?) but when we go on vacation and the bikes are outside or when TJ takes his to work, he covers his.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
garage 100% of the time ( unless i am out on a ride ) i only cover it when i am not riding for a long time (winter)cover is a geza pro strech cover !

------------------
texas tornado #2

[This message has been edited by #2f4 (edited August 20, 2000).]

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
right now on a shelf at work, and two locker boxes :(

------------------
John

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the garage (when I'm home) I have the whole half of the garage for the bike and work area. She has her own carpeted parking space.

At work there is a motorcycle parking area which is conveniently located right in view of the road into and out of the lot, so EVERYBODY (it's a big place) coming and going gets to see my baby sitting there in all her glory, and since I usually get there first I always park where she gives the best view, always with the right side facing out and in front of the cruisers. :p
And with those bright orange and purple stripes on black, and the polished Deltabox frame and wheels it is quite the site to see if I do say so myself. :p

<>Squid!<>

------------------
Dave FZR1

"Master....Master... where's the dreams that I've been after

Master...Master...You promised only lies

[This message has been edited by ratsalad (edited August 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
192 Posts
It is aways parked in the garage, except when I am out. At my main job I park it on the sidewalk and there isn't a problem. At either the clinic or my office I park in regular parking spaces and disk lock the front wheel.

As to covers, I have one and did use it a couple of winters ago. Then I decided to ride through the winter, so the cover has been gathering some dust...

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have a gargage available to me so I keep my bike covered when I'm not riding it. I store it for the winter at a friends, so it isn't too harsh. I'll be glad when I have my own place, it'll have to be one with a garage. Or, one with a doorway big enough to allow the bike inside...
Mark

------------------
BOHICA

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Always in the garage at home and I even have a special covered parking space, that is closed on three sides, at work to keep it. At work, I throw an old sheet over it because its pretty dusty there.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
79 Posts
I keep my baby in the garage. If i win the lottery i would buy a small warehouse with a remote door. Like that i could just ride it inside. Look at it whenever i want. Maybe even practice wheelies through the living room area. lol

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
328 Posts
My bikes all live in the garage! Except for the one in my living room ('88 Ducati 851 "Kit" Superbike).

When I was young and poor, my bike stayed in the kitchenette area, where there was a door to the back yard. Who needs a stinkin' dining table anyway!

I guess I don't need to mention I'm single...

:D :D :D

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I keep the Bike in the garage at home :) and I have a cover for it while I'm at work. :cool: I won't cover it in the garage since in the Florida humidity it might "mold" :eek: !!!!

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
currently, i share a garage with a buddy. we have my gsxr, we both have fzr400's, an r1, and a cb400a (hondamatic!!!!). there;s also a mysterious 65cc honda in the garage as well (and the collection expands). the r1 is covered from time to time. i'm not sure why dennis does it (mutant ninja turtle sheets, which is really sad with my kawi's in the garage).

i never take my bike to work. i work 220 miles from home and don't see my gsxr as a touring bike.

when i first thought that baltimore was a suitable place to live (no offense baltimore fans, i just hate it here), i kept my f2 in my apartment. one girl told me that it had to go. i knew then that within 24hours any chance of romance was done. :)

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited August 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
65 Posts
My house wasn't built with a garage, so I'm building a 12' X 14' "Toy Box" in a couple of months. If it doesn't happen before the weather hits, I'll store it at my buddy's house again. Otherwise it's in my driveway, covered and locked up.

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

[This message has been edited by VTRPilot (edited August 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
503 Posts
i wish i had a garage. & when i move my main requirment will be to have at least a 2 car garage. i park it infront of a car that doesnt usually run which is right in front of my bedroom window.

------------------

·
Registered
405 Posts
Garage! Except on trips when she usually has to sleep outside :( but then she is always locked to my wife's bike, so atleast she still does not get lonely.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AZ Scott:
My bikes all live in the garage! Except for the one in my living room ('88 Ducati 851 "Kit" Superbike).

:D :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AZ I knew there was a reason I liked you. What a bike. Didn't Falapa ride for Ducati when that thing was their Superbike? Also, that is what Polen won his World Championship on correct? :cool:

BTW, back to the subject. My bike has a home in the air conditioned garage. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
367 Posts
At home, it stays in the garage. We have a 1 car garage and the car stays outside :)
At work, I park in front of the door, in front of my office and I stare at it all day long :D

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It used to live in a shed behind the townhouse I shared with a roommate. Then he decided to move his girlfriend and 2 kids in, so we had to go. It now resides in my parent's garage, about 10 miles from my apartment. I refuse to keep my baby outside, exposed to the elements, at my apt. complex, and I couldn't get a 1st floor to roll it in to the living room. Now my rides are usually limited to weekends (working sucks), but at least it's covered and secure till I buy my own house/cardboard box with a 2 car garage.

------------------
j.-
"rawlbrughhhlearlaurTIMMY!"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts