Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you usually ride in a group, with one other person or alone? Why?

I typically ride with my husband or in a group. I enjoy riding alone but enjoy it more riding with him. I also think it is great if you can find a group to ride with that you're comfortable with. Nothing neater than a bunch of bikes pulling in somewhere together. That is sometimes hard to do, but we have a few people that we're totally comfortable riding with and when we get in our groups, the rides are enjoyable.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
367 Posts
I ride by myself quite a bit. But, I love to ride in a group whenever I can. Today we had 15 bikes and we did 300 miles. :cool:
I like group riding because when/if someone goes down there is always someone to go get help. When you ride alone, you are more cautious. Nothing like breaking down in the middle of nowhere, by yourself. :(
But, groups do attract a lot of attention from the cops. :eek:

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I used to ride alone about 95% of the time. That has changed since I got the RC 51. I now tend to hook up with groups more or I ride with my wife. It is strange how many more people want to ride with you when you have a more capable machine. ;) I now ride with one or more other bikes about 95% of the time. A complete turnaround. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride solo about 80% of the time. The wife and I about 15% And 5% with groups of 3 - 15 riders. Group riding is nice BUT it turns into a race. I wish I could meet a group of riders that respects life.

------------------
Ken

·
Registered
53 Posts
By my lonesome 97.25% of the time :(

------------------
Hamburgers. The
cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just me, myself and I for 98% of my rides. I can't find anyone who'll ride with me......sniff,sniff.

I find that too many of the group rides around here are either (1)super-squid rough riders who want to pull wheelies into oncoming traffic or pose by the side of the road or (2)Harley/cruisers who want to take the slooooooow lane, turn their nose up at sportbikes, or pose at the local bar.
I like riding with other people, just seeems like lately it's been a solitary hobby.

------------------
j.-
"rawlbrughhhlearlaurTIMMY!"

·
Registered
425 Posts
When I ride,I ride the Pace(a speed I`m comfortable with).So usually when I start out with a group I`m quickly riding alone.So I guess you could say that I ride alone 90% of the time.

------------------

·
Registered
405 Posts
Like some of you I have 3 ways that I ride. Wife, group, or by myself. Most of the time it is with my wife then some by myself then the least is with a group. It all depends on the mood that I am in on which way to ride. Most of the time it is with the wife that I like the most. Sometimes it is hard to find a group to ride with that is not out to prove how fast he/she can ride.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ride alone most of the time, every now and again i ride with my girlfriend. Kind of like to ride alone, can set my on pace and stop whenever i want to

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all, "newbe" to the Forum here. I have been reading for about 2 weeks and have enjoyed, so I felt it's time to join!
So, what better post to start with than this one.
I LOVE to ride period, in groups, with a passenger, by myself, it dosen't matter, just as long as I get to ride!
Ride and have fun! See ya!

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used to mostly ride alone, now it's about a 50-50 split between alone and with my wife. There are very few people I feel comfortable riding with in groups. It seems every one is entirely too crazy, or too slow.

I generally keep it about 15-20 over the speed limit here. The last group ride I went on everyone was going well over 100 in a 35 zone. I tried to keep up at first, but then I was like, "what am I doing?". I have no interest in dying trying to keep up with nuts.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
I prefer to do my riding alone. I don't like stopping just because others need to and I don't like riding at someone else's speed.
I would enjoy company of a woman who shares my level of enthusiasm, but since my wife doesn't (and neither did my ex-wife), I have chosen the solo route as my path to spiritual freedom...(hey, was that over the top?)
Of course, this may reflect the fact that all riding is commuting or very long distance touring. If I had interesting canyons like you find in paradise, I may have developed more of a shared experience.

------------------
-Yeeee-haaaaa!

[This message has been edited by Keith B (edited August 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
About 50/50, and both ways has it's own set of advantages. Group rides early sunday morning are really fun, mostly because the group i ride with is generally very considerate of everyone and their ability.

------------------
Barron
2000 vfr800

Owning things is highly overrated !!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Generally, 90% by myself which sucks! :mad: But, the group of guys I hang around with are always hard to get together, so going solo is usually the way to go. But when we do get together, there's still only 6-8 riders. :rolleyes:

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately I do 99% of my riding alone. I would like to ride with others, but can't seem to hook up with anyone on a regular basis. I don't have any friends who ride right now, but I'm always looking. I certainly enjoy riding by myself, but it is fun to share experiences and I'm sure that I would be able to learn from other riders. Oh well, riding alone is better than not riding at all.
Mark

------------------
BOHICA

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Probably 80% of my riding is by myself (commuting), and the rest is in small groups 2 to 10 at most. Most time my wife and one or two others. I agree that everytime i Go riding with one of the bigger local groups it just turns into a race and that ain't no fun. I'd rather be in a small group at a comfortable PACE then in a big group....

I prefer to ride with other people since they can share the experience with you at rest stops and such though....

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I only ride on Sundays so I never ride alone. I ride with the same 5 guys everytime so it makes our rides better (you know how they ride and there styles). :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
503 Posts
all of the above.

i commute by myself. i also ride twisties by myself.

i ride in small groups or w/1 other rider.. my preference in the twisties.

large groups of 15+ when im in town or on the interstate just cruising.

------------------

·
Registered
24 Posts
First of all, I love to ride whenever I can! I wish I knew more people to go ride with, it is hard to find them among so many harley riders. I usually ride with my husband the most, I love to share the ride with someone else. I have gone on rides by myself, but it just isn't the same. See, us women like to share the experience with others whereas guys tend to not care about that and just think about themselves, so they enjoy going alone more. It's always great when you do hook up with other riders that you can feel comfortable with and not having to push it too much. It's all great!!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i really like riding by myself. i like not having to worry about others keeping up, others walking away.

i stop when i wanna stop, go when i wanna go. it's nice. i don't mind riding with others, hell sometimes it's awesome watching all the nuts trying to race each other. but mostly, i prefer going it alone (i'll let paul or pete take care of that joke :D).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

1 - 20 of 58 Posts