Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brought you to SportbikeWorld.com? How did you first come across SportbikeWorld? Link from another site?
Recommendation from a friend? Do you even remember?

This question was suggested by AZScott. He was tired of all my depressing questions! ;) Thanks for a great topic, Scott.

It was back when I had my ZX-6. I was on a Ninja mailing list and someone's signature had the web site listed, so I checked it out and can't seem to stay away since then! I love it here. :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
65 Posts
:eek:I was doing a search for articles regarding an Aerostich suit, and a related thread brought me here. Thanks to that search, I bought the Aerostich and have made a visit to SBW part of my daily routine. Wake up, pee, get a cup of coffee, download my financial statements, see what's up in the SBW forum, take a shower, go to work. Lather, rinse, repeat...

------------------
We don't know where we're going, but we're making good time!...STC

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Twistiesman told me about it at Deal's Gap.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found it after Robert Basil posted screen savers on the sportbike newsgroup.
I'm still waiting for the VTR1000 screensaver. How about a VTR sportbikeworld shirt?

------------------
---SHREDD!
'98 SuperHawk 996

·
Registered
405 Posts
Was just out surfing and one link ran to another then another then another and BOOM! I was home.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
186 Posts
Link from another site. I can't remember which one though. :(

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Went looking for sportbike screensavers, while downloading the blackbird one, had a little surf throught the site.

Now I spend my whole working day here. :)

Ross cbrxx

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i used to belong to some yahoo! superbike clubs and saw the screansavers notices and sportbikeworld was always logged in in the those days, so one i thought i'd check it out, went to sportbikeworld.com loved it. didn't bookmark it, went to sportbike.com, got all mad and left. then realized my mistake and been right since.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

G

·
A very timely question; just a couple days ago, for whatever odd reason, I was trying to recall how it was that I came to be here. I couldn't, and still can't. There are other specific events in my life that happened about the same time that I cannot account for. I am relatively certain that it had something to do with my abduction by aliens, and the little metal hoo-ba-joo they stuck up my butt.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Pete's been hanging around Montrose again.

This make no sense to most unless you know something about Houston, TX but Pete knows. :p :D

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Like a lot of the others, got linked to this site from something else.

Pete: Did Scott Baio give you pinkeye? :p

------------------
"Honey, I fixed the newell post!"
-Chevy Chase

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think I was surfing and found this site under "sportbikes".
The rest is, well I can't stop. It's not my fault, really. :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
100 Posts
My partner didn't come to work one day so I hacked into his computer and was going to change his screensavers and wallpaper to sportbike pics. So I found the screensavers portion by surfing around and the rest is history.

I too feel this overwhelming compulsion to come here at LEAST once a day and check the boards.

I have checked out some other forums but none of them are as cool as SBW.(where's my 10 bucks)

------------------
Dave
94 FZR1

"That ain't the way we do things round here boy"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, since I asked, I guess I should put in my two bits.

I used to be on the Speedvision message board, and it was pretty good, until they decided to change the format completely. The new set up was extremely difficult to use, and you had to jump through all kinds of hoops just to get in. So we all boogied.

In the search for something new, I came across this board. I loved the format. UBB is by far the easiest system to use. And the clientele here seemed very knowledgeable and, dare I say, "mature".

The only thing is, this board is geared much more toward street/sport riding, where my old group was more concerned with the racing scene. So one of the members of the old Speedvision board started his own BB, using the same format as this one.

Now, I pretty much split my time between the two (as do a few other members I know of!), and I get my fill of all aspects of the world of sport bikes.

I enjoy rapping with all of you, (except maybe Pete ;) Hee hee, J/K!), so cheers to the lot of you!

:D :D :D

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts