Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If, for some reason, "sportbikes" were illegal to ride, would you still ride a motorcycle and if so, what would you ride?

This question was suggested by s-hawk. Thanks for a great question!

I'd be really sad. :( But I would more than likely still ride. I hear dual-sports are pretty fun and I also heard the boss hoss bikes were fun for fast, straight line riding.

Thank goodness this is only hypothetical! :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

[This message has been edited by Luv2RideFast (edited July 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Goldwing. I would just hit the roads and cruise. I'd also get a Road King to rumble around town. Either that...or a ZX11 (sport TOURER!!! Not sport bike). ;)

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would have to get a scooter for around town (loads of fun, you just don't want your friends to see you on one) :D , an enduro to kick around, and a Springer Softail for highway cruising. But I have exactly what I want in a smaller package.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would ride the Y2K a turbine powered bike only probblem it's $250,000. 286 hp @ rear wheel and 425 ft lbs @ 2,000 rpm and it runs on Diesel. or is it still a sport bike?
www.maxturbine.com

------------------
Kyle M. m/15 cb350
Noblesville,IN
"So many cats so few recipes"

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."

[This message has been edited by The_CB_Kid (edited July 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd move back to Utah and snowboard 130 days a year again. I have to get my adrenaline somewhere, you know! :D

------------------
Ride slow, live to see tommorow.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It would have to be a Confederate GT. It's as close to a sportbike a Harley will ever get.
http//:www.confederate.com If not that then I would just kill myself and EVERYONE else!

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Road King and a DR-650.

------------------
TJ
'98 SuperHawk - no longer scuffed
"Are straight roads good for anything? Yes, they get you to the next curve."

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hmmm....

Have always wanted a scooter... Not sure what kind, but she'd be tricked out with some fine tune'in on the 'ol engine... Get me some wheelie bars perhaps to keep her from flipp'n when I drag my 15 horse power have'n mahine down the main strip... Or maybe, maybe the corners are where it's at on those things... Yep, then I'd have to get me the smallest set of Pilots... What whould it be, say a 100/10/20... Really nice and sticky so I could drag my pucks on the way to the grocery store... Oh yes boyz, she'd sound really nice too with a full systen Toomey race exhuast.... Geez, the options are endless... I'm selling my F2 tomorrow and buying a Vespa....

Kirsty...

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/9025

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i have no idea, but i think i'm going to renew my ama memebership.

but a drz400 looks fun.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If sportbikes were outlawed, then i guess i would be an outlaw !!!!

00 VFR 800

In the end we do not regret what we did, but what we didn't do !!!!

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Suzuki DR650 or Yamaha WR400 and a Porche Boxter or Corvette. The AMA membership is up to date but I think I will go clean my guns. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think that I would go back to dirtbikes.

A dualsport is incompetent both on the street and in the dirt so that would be out of the question. Generally when you try to use a dualsport for a dirt bike it becomes a dirt bike. Mirrors and turnsignals get broke off first, then you put dirt tires on it and put it on a diet plan to get off the added weight of passenger footpegs and such.

KTM 520 E/XC would be my choice.

Luke

------------------

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would have to get a faster bike, mod the hell out of it, and rig a trick licence plate that just flips up when needed. Then I would for sure get my daily dose of adrinalin. You guys are givin in way to easy.
Yeah, I'd give up my sportbike...but they have to catch me first. =)

------------------
15,500 Rpm Redline...
If its not an indy car,
it must be a YZF-R6. =)

·
Registered
503 Posts
lots of choices.. the confederate is a slammin bike, dirt bikes are cool.. maybe a street legal dirt tracker.. but i wouldnt really look forward to summer anymore.. im w/cbr600f4gd.. snowboarding as many dayz as possible.

------------------

·
Registered
58 Posts
Laws were made to be broken . . . so I would break the law.

Catch me if you can!

------------------
GSX-R750 -- If speed kills, do brakes give life?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey cool question!

I just got back from W. Palm Beach and while I was down there I thought how cool it would be to have a low-slung cruiser to scoot around on. So now I'm in the market to add a cruiser to the stable! Key word there being ADD. :)

Anyway, I LOVE the Confederate Hellcat but just found out it would cost close to $30 grand. Somehow I just can't justify spending that much on a bike. My next choice would be a Titan however I think they will as much, but I'll soon find out.

So now I'm going to take a look at the Shadow Aero and the Victory bikes. Although I really would LOVE to get a roadster bike like the Hellcat or the Titans, with close to 130 lbs of torque to the rear they have to be awesome street light draggers!

Now I just need to buy a beachfront condo, I'm thinking Grand Cayman! :)

------------------

1 - 20 of 69 Posts