Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Daytona 675

The Triumph Daytona 675 won the Motorcyclist magazine middleweight shootout as well. Apparantely, it is one helluva bike. I for one am very glad to see something "different" win for a change. Aside from it's appeal as being a unique product offering, the bike stands on it's own merits. Versus the Japanese 600 fours, it is the lightest bike in the class, clocks the quickest quarter mile, makes more torque, has a competitive level of horsepower, (more than the CBR and GSXR, less than the R6) competitively priced, and is by far- the best looking bike of the bunch.

What's not to like? If I were shopping the middleweight class, this would be the bike I'd buy.

Congratulations to Triumph for finally building a competitive bike, and for doing so by "going their own way."

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...but i, along with most people here, ride street. no doubt the track shootout is a complete 180 degree turn. once im finished reading all this one, ill make my way to the track one.

dont worry nick, im sure your r6 smokes the rest on track!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Daytona 675

zxrider said:
The Triumph Daytona 675 won the Motorcyclist magazine middleweight shootout as well. Apparantely, it is one helluva bike. I for one am very glad to see something "different" win for a change. Aside from it's appeal as being a unique product offering, the bike stands on it's own merits. Versus the Japanese 600 fours, it is the lightest bike in the class, clocks the quickest quarter mile, makes more torque, has a competitive level of horsepower, (more than the CBR and GSXR, less than the R6) competitively priced, and is by far- the best looking bike of the bunch.

What's not to like? If I were shopping the middleweight class, this would be the bike I'd buy.

Congratulations to Triumph for finally building a competitive bike, and for doing so by "going their own way."
i agree, and its price tag is whats amazing to me. if i were to go out and buy a brand spankin new bike (the gix i just bought has 142 miles...) id be all over that triumph! just them talking about the exhaust notes makes my pants tight!

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
I have said it before in a lot of other posts, the triumph is the bike to have if you are a street rider, or just a trackday rider.

When they do tests on street bikes, torque has everything to do with a street bike, i myself would buy a litre bike if i only rode on the street. Whats not to like about have a shit load of torque and a lot of power? YOu can ride around in any rpm and have power, not like a 600cc bike.

I love my bike and i am very partial to yamaha. I don't think there is another bike that can touch the 6 on the track completely stock.

Just my opinion.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
linkinpark0726 said:
I don't think there is another bike that can touch the 6 on the track completely stock.

hell id agree with that too just from looking at the dyno sheets. the high rpm power is sick. my guess is it gets #1 in track shootout. hopefully the gix is still up there on the track too, i was actually surprised at its high street rating, since the gix is usually considered a track bike over a street bike.

lets see what honda does next year, and i bet kawi will make some changes too since they sucked balls (figuratively speaking) this year (i still love those 636's though!)

·
1,142 Posts
Kawi needs to get rid of the extra 36 cc's and see what that bike is all about. I mean they have had the extra 36cc's forever and thats the only thing holding them up. It makes a big difference.

But yea kawi and honda better come out with a new bike next year.

Honda is so far behind, but we will see.

-nick

J

·
0 Posts
They do have a bike minus 36CC.. It's the zx-6RR...
Suck balls, riiight... Far from it
Bike to beat, no quirks and top notch fit and finish...
Everyone talks about the yami has this and the zuk has that, BUT, Kawi has had all that gear for some years now..
Coming from a Ducati and then a Honda, I can tell you this...
The bike is awesome on the street.. My wrist never cramp and arms never pump... The bike is straight and true and only goes where I want it... Doesn't weigh anything..
My ONLY beef is the windscreen... Nothing a $60 screen cant fix..
No need for pipes and PCIII's..... Would not surprise me one bit if the CC's are bumped to 650 or 675 for next year and come with a damper ALA 10R

·
1,142 Posts
I have heard nothing but bad things from the 6rr, especially the 03-04 the motor was a piece. Its underpowered just like the honda, i rode a 06 zx6r and i found the power nice and smooth but it feals like a boat. Just me tho.

-Nick

J

·
0 Posts
Thought we were comparing 06's?
The 05-06 is night and day from the 03-04...
Was the set-up done to the 06?
My front and rear sag was waaaayyy out, judge help me square it up and it's a champ now..
Before it wandered in the corners ( IE: the boat feeling )
After setting the pre-loads it's an arrow..
I added some compression and slowed the rebound ( these are my settings and not a mag article )
Being Honda bases their sportbikes of the race bikes the new one will hit in 07' as the RC211V is now being phased..
I really fee bad for anyone that bought an RR in the last 2 years or so..

Oh ya,
The RM250 is gone and I have more versital (read: Supermoto) bike.. It's a WR250f with all the YZ body panels and mod's... Not to mention a street title... It's Cori's brothers old bike.. After countless hours and dollars trying to love the RM in the woods I gave up... We swapped title for title...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i took out the gix6 for a few hours tonight....and i love it (although i never really went over 8k rpms for break in still....), but anyways it rides great, has good low end power, and is really comfortable i would be able to ride it for hours. it felt agile and super smooth compared to my zx6r....i guess we'll just have to see what happens when i can finally get past the break in

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lets be honest there are 2 bikes that beat the 2 top notch bikes. The R6 and the Gixxer. Ok but look how they did it. Kaw add36 cc ya that will work and now Triumph with a 675 Ill pull the bullshit card now they basically said oh we cant play ball with the big guys so we will bring a bigger bat. How about make a better true 600 cc bike then come back and test em again. I'm sick of this oh add a few cc's here and voila we have the best bike. Take that shit elsewhere:2cents:

·
1,142 Posts
Supafly said:
Lets be honest there are 2 bikes that beat the 2 top notch bikes. The R6 and the Gixxer. Ok but look how they did it. Kaw add36 cc ya that will work and now Triumph with a 675 Ill pull the bullshit card now they basically said oh we cant play ball with the big guys so we will bring a bigger bat. How about make a better true 600 cc bike then come back and test em again. I'm sick of this oh add a few cc's here and voila we have the best bike. Take that shit elsewhere:2cents:
Damn i couldn't have said it better myself.

-Nick

And that break in over 8k is bullshit, break it in hard dude, thats the only way to get the power out of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
linkinpark0726 said:
Damn i couldn't have said it better myself.

-Nick

And that break in over 8k is bullshit, break it in hard dude, thats the only way to get the power out of it.

Ya I never break mine in nice. Ride that shit how you plan to ride it on a regular basis and you're good to go.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Supafly said:
if you talked like that and were the woman on your avatar...id wanna fuck you.

actually, if you just were the woman in your avatar, id wanna fuck you.

and in no way do i feel gay saying that

J

·
0 Posts
Supafly said:
Lets be honest here.. That statement is BS...
There is a reason that two bikes are offered...
AMA legal 599CC
&
A street rider preference extra 36cc
Look where those extra CC's count, down low... Where it counts on the street.. I hort shift my bike even when it's getting whipped on the street... 11-12k...

If the other MFG's were smart, they to would add the option of a higher CC street bike... because they choose not to, does NOT make KAWI anyless of a MFG or bike.. They understand where the bike runs..

The 636 is not that far off the 750 in terms of performance and I have seen the result of a full Arata exhaust and PCIII and it's almost exactly where the 750 runs...

·
1,142 Posts
Come on dude, honestly, is there really a point ot making 2 bikes that are so similar? just cause kawi can't make a motor to compete up to specs with other 600's they have to bring in another 36cc's to compete? Please tell me thats not true?

I agree the bike is bad ass, they have brought a lot of technology to the platforms but really, why make 2 bikes? Why not make a 600cc bike compete with the other 600's, why make a bike that is a little out of everyone's league just to have a bike with the most hp?

-Nick

J

·
0 Posts
Nick,
The reason has already been stated..
The CC's are not for HP but rather TQ... Which is what a street rider wants... You should know this... It has been said by Kawi that this is the reason for the added displacement..
Brand loyalist hate the 636, they call it a cheater bike.. BUT, lets be honest.. The reason is::: The other MFG's do not offer it... I dont include Triumph because well, it is what it is...
If Yami offered it, you would have it....
Why the "mags" do not test the RR is beyond me, probly not because of the motor but rather the suspension, slipper and ECU settings.. It's not street savvy
You said it yourself, you would rather have a litre bike on the street.. Which I would also BUT, only so, to turn a lower RPM on the highway...

·
1,142 Posts
If they wanted to make a bike for the street why not keep the same displacement and change up the stroke and bore of the motor? to give it more trq and make it more street happy? I personally wouldn't buy it just because i would like to be racing next year. I just need more practice. I have been having some good times at grattan just need more practice and to tweak in my suspension some more.

To each there own, but if they are going to compare bikes it should be the rr that is for sure.

-Nick

1 - 20 of 39 Posts