Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should there be a pace CAR or pace BIKE at the motorcycle races and why?

This question was suggested by auger. Thanks for the great suggestion!

I think there should be a pace bike and I think I should be the one riding it! :D After all, these are motorcycle races, not car races.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
100 Posts
good answer but then the next question is... What type of bike should be the pace bike?
i would go with the gixxer 750 since its always ahead anyways.. LOL j/k

------------------
'99 gsxr 750

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i don't think there should be either. if there's a crash that's bad enough for a pace car, red flag it. if a car's tire goes down, it goes down slow and won't hurt someone. if a bike's tire goes down, in many cases, so will the bike.

but if they were going to choice, pace bike. the pace bike would be able to see the track from a motorcyclist's view. as far as the bike they should use, a bald-tired mr. turbo hayabusa. then maybe they'll understand how hard those guys push it.

either way, this is a disaster waiting to happen. i think pace going to do a great job, but they are kind of disappointing me with this first season. dot's in an "unlimited" class.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
503 Posts
neither, i dont think its needed.. unless i missed something.. motorcycle races start from a stand still.. not rolling. & like its already been stated.. if its bad enough to need a pace car.. red flag it.

------------------

·
Registered
425 Posts
Granted,there are very few bike races that would use a pace vehicle BUT its a pride thing.Can you imagine the uproar that would be created if a pace bike replaced the pace car in IRL or CART? There`d be a riot in the stands.If and when it happens,I`d vote for the pace bike. "Better Predator Than Prey"

------------------

·
Registered
58 Posts
A vote for neither.

I just do not see the necessity for one either way.

------------------
If speed kills, do brakes give life?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think that a pace car would be a pretty dumb idea in a motorbike race. What would the purpose be for a pace anything? (car or bike) They would have to have a rolling start and that takes away from alot of the excitment I think. I like to see people botch thier starts and pop accidental wheelies and get passed by like three or four bikes, thst's a big part of racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts