Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Honda CBR1000rr will start and run for a few seconds and then shuts off. You can get the RPM up to 4500 or higher and it will run a little longer. I thought it might be clogged injectors and put 4 bottles of injector cleaner in with about 1 1/2 gal of gas and would crank it up and run it thru the injector several time with no luck. I then drained the gas and injector cleaner and refiled with new gas, same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank
Donald Clifton

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got through removing my tank and taking out the fuel pump to get all the crap out of the tank. I got bad gas at a station right after Hurricane Isaac. I thought I had clogged injectors also because i was only running on 2 cylinders but just siphoning wasn't enough. If you look close you can see the dirt and crap. When I tilted the tube there was a lot of swirling going on. I'm assuming from water.

After putting it back together it started right up and sputtered a bit (clearing the fuel rail) and now back to running smooth. Have you checked/changed your plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine doesn't run that bad before shutting off. If I keep it in the upper rpm's so it's running on the secondary injectors it run's longer. The bike has only 6000 mile. I have pulled the bandjo bolt and have pumped fuel out of the tank. I'll pull the pump and see wants going on.
Thanks for your help
Donald Clifton
4axiscnc.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I removed the fuel pump and emptied out the tank. took a vacuum pump and sucked out any fuel in the fuel pump. The fuel pump has a mesh filter and it looked good. I reinstalled the pump and new gas. I made a fitting on the lathe to check the pressure and got 50lb (meets spec's) Then I hooked a vacuum pump to the injector side and sucked out the injectors while powering up the injectors to try to get any trash back out. Hooked everything back up and I get the same thing. On the blink test I get 7 blinks followed by 12 blinks or maybe 5 and 7. Tomorrow I will go back and do the testing for the blinks.
Any further help would be appreciated
Donald Clifton
4axiscnc.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Most of the electrical test take a harness I don't have. It does refer to primary injector 1 as far as the 12 blinks go.
Thanks
Donald Clifton

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ewww, Not sure about the 1000 but not easy to get the injectors out. Sorry, I'm not much help. I hope you can get it working again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I thought the same thing. I will probably take it to a dealer in the summer. Their not like any bike I have worked on in the past.
Thanks for all the help I appreciated it
Donald Clifton
4axiscnc.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My battery died when this fist happened so I was starting it on a charge. I keep thinking if that could cause a problem with the electronic for months and to day I jumped it off my truck battery and it ran fine. I guess you can't run a cbr1000rr on a battery charger alone. thank god I didn't take it to the dealer.
Thanks
Don Clifton:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts