Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
i think yamaha is going to release specs and pics of the new R1 on Sept 15. i've been reading a good bit of this on the R1 board and no one really knows exactly what's its going to look like.

i'm going to wait till then to decided :thumbs2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tea Bagger said:
Ah, f*ck plastic I'm waiting for the new Norton, Triumph Cafe racer or something along that lines.
if your referring to the 952, or whatever number, that was featured in the most recent cycle world, im right there with you. thats a sick little machine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you sure this is the new R1? I mean I've seen so many Dr.'d pics of what the new R1 was supposed to look like in the last couple months I'm not sure what to believe until the bike is actually out. If this is the true thing, it's just sick!! Yamaha always seems to get the best looks on their bikes - Suzuki could lean a few things from them!! What the hell were they thinkin when they redesigned the 03 GSXr 1000?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not diggin the '04 Blue R1 (or 600r)...I think the Red looks BA and of course the Silver is sweet to! If they got rid of those damn white and silver decals on the side of the Blue model it wouldn't be half bad :2cents:

·
Registered
31 Posts
orionmack said:
Are you sure this is the new R1? I mean I've seen so many Dr.'d pics of what the new R1 was supposed to look like in the last couple months I'm not sure what to believe until the bike is actually out. If this is the true thing, it's just sick!! Yamaha always seems to get the best looks on their bikes - Suzuki could lean a few things from them!! What the hell were they thinkin when they redesigned the 03 GSXr 1000?
I agree, Yamaha has the best looking bikes by far. Even the '03's are sweet as hell. I bought an '03 Gixxer 1k silver, they do need way more styling as it is rather plain but it sure is a sweet bike performance and handling wise. And since I ride 20 times more than I pose, I choose the '03 master bike winner instead. Might consider trading in the F4 toward a new R1 in a few years. I figure in 3 years the competition will be sweet as hell. Next year is going to be a rat race for inovation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Re: 04 R1

blazeword said:
I agree, Yamaha has the best looking bikes by far. Even the '03's are sweet as hell. I bought an '03 Gixxer 1k silver, they do need way more styling as it is rather plain but it sure is a sweet bike performance and handling wise. And since I ride 20 times more than I pose, I choose the '03 master bike winner instead. Might consider trading in the F4 toward a new R1 in a few years. I figure in 3 years the competition will be sweet as hell. Next year is going to be a rat race for inovation.
Yeah - I do gotta give performance props to Suzuki as far as raw HP goes...but then again I really don't know anyone around here who can take that bike and ride it to it's limits on the street (or even the track come to think of it)! Hell not many guys around here can ride a 600 (albeit an R6, GSXR, or whatever) to it's limits on the streets around here either. So as far as street bikes go, I'm going for the way it looks and then its reliability. All our bikes around here are pretty much the same - balls out fast no matter how you look at it...the rider's skills are the biggest variable and that makes a world of difference :2cents:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 04 R1

orionmack said:
Yeah - I do gotta give performance props to Suzuki as far as raw HP goes...but then again I really don't know anyone around here who can take that bike and ride it to it's limits on the street (or even the track come to think of it)! Hell not many guys around here can ride a 600 (albeit an R6, GSXR, or whatever) to it's limits on the streets around here either. So as far as street bikes go, I'm going for the way it looks and then its reliability. All our bikes around here are pretty much the same - balls out fast no matter how you look at it...the rider's skills are the biggest variable and that makes a world of difference :2cents:
I agree 100%, I can't even push my F4 to the limits.:D And as far as the HP numbers go, unless in a direct drag race, you will notice little to no difference between the liter bikes. Hell I have never had a problem of lagging behind when aboard my 600, even when riding with liter bikes so it is pretty much up to the rider skill level. Just look at the chicken strips on some bikes around and you can tell they lean more on ther kick stand then when rode on the street. :rolleyes: Good point, and my props go to the new '04 R1's if they are going to look like those pics!:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
speaking of those pics, did anyone else notice the rear passenger pegs appear to be attached to the exaust pipe?

maybe they are a chop job. if so someone has alot of time..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts