Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity (and because I have run completely out of ideas for questions, hint, hint!) do you have a bike payment and if you're comfortable saying how much it is, well, how much is it?

If you have a question you'd like to see asked, either PM me or e-mail me at: [email protected] Thanks!

TJ paid cash for my first bike with a signing bonus from his job and then we traded it in towards the F4 and I'm making payments on that of $132 a month. It'll be paid for soon!! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have no payment on my bike. I refinanced my car for the extra 3,000 bucks by having my mom sell my car to me! That way i pay $179/mo for my car and my bike.....saves a ton on interest ( 9% )!!!!! I also now can decide wether or not i want full coverage on my bike whenever I get done fixing it :(.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
He,He,He........

Nope!!!!:):):):)
Hey Kiddo,here's a suggestion for a question: Find out who's gonna use their bikes for their vacation trip this summer and where they are going to ride to!!??
Miss "seeing" ya and TJ and the ol'gang in the chat room,jus' not the same......:(

Jim

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bike payment

Sure I've got a bike payment! I bought it knowing a divorce might happen and knowing she would be liable for half all outstanding debts.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nope, not now anyways. I try to pay for my toys, cars included, using either home equity or 401K loans. That way I either get tax savings or pay myself the interest. I generally try to pay myself back in a year or 2.

Rick
NCVFR

·
Registered
236 Posts
I borrowed $1500 from my brother so I wouldn't be too low on cash, but thats it! NO payment though!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
No payments now. I will have if my wife lets me get a new bike. Hon?...hint....hint....

·
Registered
107 Posts
What do you guys do for a living? I need to change jobs. The only way I could get my bike was to finance it. I pay $230/month for my 748. So far it is worth every penny, but I haven't had to pay for any service yet :D

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I've paid cash for all of my bikes.

The way I do it? All of my bikes have been around a year old with less than 5,000 miles on them when I buy them.

Someone always seems to buy a bike that is either too expensive for them or they get a few tickets and cannot afford the insurance anymore. And then I step in. ;)

This usually knocks about 40% off the original cost.

Bikes only normally last me about a year anyways. But my latest trusty old 98ZX9R (Bought in July of 1999 with 3,000 miles on the clock for about $6,000) has lasted me almost two years and over 30,000 miles. But I am starting to jones for a 2000-2001 ZX9R model. ;)

I was planning on getting a new (used) bike this summer, but the wedding plans (June 23rd) are taking up all the extra cash right now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts