Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples

Just curious, regarding the front headlights in the daytime...

they have the dual lights, but only one lights up. Is that normal?

the left light is the only one on with the low beams on, when you switch to brights, then the right light turns on.

When I first saw it, I thought something wasa wrong as it kinda looks lopsided from the front with only one light, on one side, but during the delivery process, the salesperson said that was what it was supposed to do.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, Ive only ridden about 20 miles or so. I rode home from the dealer and then to work this morning. It's been awhile since I had a sportbike so I'm feeling it out before opening her up.

The owner's manual didn't say anything about the lights. I did check before I left the dealer in case something was wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just asked today about the R-6 lights, and the left is for low beam, and they are both supposed to come on with the high beam on. The guy also turned the lights on to show me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they both do come on when the brights are on. I just thought it looked kind of lopsided with only one light on normally. As long as that's what it's supposed to do, I'm fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The inner light is more of a reflector and lights up with the outer light which is the main beam on the left side.

Damn these lights are bright at night, and if you are on a bit of a bumpy road and behind a shiny car, they kinda hit the edge of the beam and flash blue!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven't had mine out in the dark yet. They sure do look bright in the daylight. The brighter the better IMO. All these darn animals running around here at night so I like bright lights.

Funny story about the lights....I just picked the bike up from the dealer my fiancee was in front of me and quickly pulls over waving me down. She's like you've got a light out and you better get back there and give them hell. Good thing I knew about the lights otherwise I'd probably have reamed someone and made myself look silly. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts