Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been riding a bit now and a little more confident of my riding skills but not overly confident. I found a guy selling a wrecked 2003 1000 gixxer for 4300, I'm sure I can bargin it down to 4 grand. I was wondering if that would be a good price for a wrecked bike?

It only has 6500 on the engine. It runs, but all the plastics are pretty torn up, It def needs the whole upper cowl replaced.
I have some pics of the bike here:
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jjbaslad/pictures/bike/

I'd plan on turning the gixxer into a streetfighter. Has yosh full pipe (banged up) and powercommander 3.

·
Registered
127 Posts
my 03 is near perfect with 4000 miles on it, it just needs tires. i`m not sellin it but if i was i bet i would ony get around 6500 for it. something to think about. i suppose if your gonna due a track only machine and can get away with puttin only 1500 or so in it maybe. the thing is buying something wrecked theres always alot of variables on how much will actually be needed as there can be alot of not immeadiatly perceivable stuff on a bike like that.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
For $4k it's probably a good price as long as the broken stuff is only cosmetic. If the suspension or wheels are jacked up it might not be worth it. But then I've found entire GSXR1000 front ends on Ebay recently for $400. I would go look the bike over thoroughly and make a list of things that need to be replaced. Find those parts on Ebay and see what they're going for. Then add that to the price of the bike and see where you're at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts