Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a guy already asked about this bike, but I don't care about wheelies, I know it will wheelie.

Instead I am looking for general opinions on the bike, relating to performance, from people that either currently own one or have in the past. They can be positive or negative, just honest. All I have heard is good stuff so far, but I know there are always things people don't like as well. Also, what are some good performance mods, exhaust options, etc...

I appreciate any and all feedback

Thanks

Jon Green

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Never owned one, but ridden a few.
Pros:
Rail stable handling
The only one with a gas gage!
Cons:
Seat made out of plywood
Feels like its lacking power.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that it should feel down on power after riding that ZX-10. Just kidding. I think I will be fine with the power. My long term plan is to ride this for a couple of seasons, then get something else, making this one a track bike.

Thanks for the info

Jon

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Oh, I'm not comparing a liter and a 600. Its just that the CBR is very smooth about everything. The way it turns, the way it brakes, and the way it accelerates. Its a easy bike to ride, for a race rep, but it doesnt have that wild "hand the f*ck on" attitude. It will increase power slowly, enough to prevent unwanted wheelies, tire spins, or headshakes. Thats a good thing. But I found myself wanting for for raw-ness, some mean attitude to be scared off. Know what I mean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts