Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im about to purchase an 03 636 on friday... i weigh about 130. my last bike was a 96 zx6r and when i would full throttle it never really had enough power to really stand up.. i kinda liked that cuz when i would goto the track and i would be able to full throttle and not have to worry about looping the bike. with this 636 i hear that it may just stand all the way up on full throttle... does anyone who owns a 636 think this is true? if so... should i just like put my weight forward when on the strip or something?

thanks

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I'm no drag racing pro, but I'd suggest putting your weight forward regardless of what bike you're racing.

Will it stop you looping? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Most modern 600 bikes will pick the front end up when you full throttle the bike in 1st gear. Hell, even my F2 picks up when I gun it, and I'm leanin forward. In alll honestly if you lean forward, the bike won't go up more than a few inches.

Now, If you drop the clutch at a very high rev, no matter how much weight you have forward with the stock swing arm, the front end will pick up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first street bike was a 04 zx6r it has the power to raise up but depending on your launch control and weight you can come off the line as hard as you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts