Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of car do you drive when you're not on the sportbike?

This question was suggested by Hethj7 (Jason) Thanks for the great suggestion!

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T. It's a convertible with a turbo in it. Very fun little car if you have to be in a cage.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

[This message has been edited by Luv2RideFast (edited March 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
We have a 98' 4Runner (mine) and a 99' Corolla which is my wifes' company car, Dont laugh, its free -including gas! (((evil laugh))) ;) But as you know Im verrry interested in a new Tahoe, Burb, or Silverado. I NEEEEED it! :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
99 Yellow 900RR
email:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited March 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I have a '99 Acura Integra GS-R. I had a 92 Corrado VR6 which was way better, but it wasn't reliable anymore. I wanted a Type R, but they didn't bring them to the States last year.

Anyway, it gets 33+mpg on the highway and runs like a top w/ 37,000 miles on it. The only problem is super (which the 10:1 compression ratio demands) is $1.63 or higher.

And no, it's not lowered, and doesn't have a muffler the size of a coffee can on it.

My Dad lets me drag the bike around by his Caravan. It's a cool bike transport.

------------------
Tony

94 CBR600F2 pur/blk/yel--streetbike
88 FZR400 primer/duct tape/yellow Krylon--trackbike
e-mail:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited March 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
1999 Mercury Cougar
It was my 1st Brand new cage...
My only complaint-Mercury, you've got to get a little more HP out of the V6!

------------------

·
Registered
425 Posts
My cage is a Nissan Kingcab pickup(1990).Its just a commuting truck,nothing more.So this makes me appreciate my TLR even more as the bike is off the road from nov.-mar.

------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
1991 4x4 Toyota Truck.
98K+ miles, not sure of exact miles because odo/speedo quit working. I solved that problem by installing a bike puter, thanks to this forum. Other goodies include: Borla Exhaust, K&N filter, 31" Tires, 12 disc changer, 10 speakers, 3 amps and a crossover.

------------------
Don,
99' CBR900rr Red, White, Black, http://home.fuse.net/don

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 91 Acura integra, 154K Km's, starting to rust out, shocks gone and doesn't idle well. But it goes and is farely cheap on gas. Would of had a new car this year but stuck with a loan from previous relationship :mad:, thus no new car (new Celica I was eyeing!)for a couple of years. My bike is the best mode of transportation now for me but is not usuable yet due to winter! :(

Dave (97 YZF600)

------------------

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a '93 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It is the two door model and is a great highway cruiser. 120K miles and never a minutes worth of trouble with it.

I am going to drive it until it dies so that I can afford newer and faster bikes! :)

--------------
John E. Dawson
'87 Ninja 600R http://home.interpath.net/banker/ninjapage.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
93 Ford F150 Supercab 4x4, about to be traded for a Toyota Tundra, a 95 BMW M3, the best car on the planet(JMHO), and the wifes' 99 Camery V6 5 speed. BTW No kids to many toys, life is good

------------------
No matter where you go,
There you are.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I drive a '94 Chevy S-10 Blazer with 74,000miles and the High Outpu 4.3L engine, and my wife drives a '93 Subaru Impreza with 140,000miles. Both cars are great, just wish the Blazer did better on gas especially since I must use high test in it.

------------------
Colin
2000 Triumph Speed Triple
Roulette Green

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a 1994 Mitsu Eclipse it gets me from a to b in the rain and cold weather and stays parked when its nice outside :D .I have never been real big on cars all my freinds wanted mustangs and I wanted a ninja sportbike that would rock.

------------------
Chris Blackman
00 zx-9r
A very sore green man

·
Registered
96 Posts

Hey, if you have to be in a cage...

------------------
Mojo
'98 Yellow/Black TL1000R
Fresno, Ca
http://killersurf.com/mojo

[This message has been edited by Mojo (edited March 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
66 Posts
i picked up a used 4x4 ranger last year, i really doent care what 4 wheels i ride,i have one because of the winters, i think if i lived were it was warm all the time i'd have a nice bike and a rat bike for rainy weather

------------------

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
1994 Chrysler LHS (luminescient chargold) - boring. Drove it out of the dealer showroom (1st one in Des Moines) Pushing 100k now. I use it to haul the whole family (still have two 17 year olds and a 12 year old at home, plus my 29(?) year old wife). I hate vans and trucks are too rough. The LHS can also tow the bike trailer or all 5 of us plus the family boat to the lake.

[This message has been edited by Keith B (edited March 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 1990 Mustang, with about 24,000 miles on an engine I installed in it. Too many modifications to list here, but it is a blast to drive!

------------------
97 FZR 600

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a '95 Corvette LT-1 (black on black), which has only made it out of the garage once in the past month, as I'm having too much fun on my Black '00 Speed Triple to bother to take the cover off the 'Vette. I also have a '94 Chevy Pickup for those rare occasions when it rains here in Phoenix.

------------------

G

·
95 Mecury Cougar. V8 of course. Fully loaded and leather seats. Though I only use it about 2 months a year now. :)

------------------
The
AlphaWolf

·
Registered
86 Posts
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>99 Land Rover Discovery Series I, green with the usual offroad junk - brush bar, light guards, soon a winch... Offroading is fun, plenty of places to doit here in Arizona, but unfortunately not enough mud here ;)
<LI>95 Saab 900. Its the car to scoot around town. Likely replaced next year with an Audi S4 or A6.
<LI>67 Land Rover Series IIA. The truck Marlin Perkins drove. Cool truck. Restoring it is yet another one of my hobbies (I've lost count how many hobbies I have...)
</UL>

------------------
- Dan
'99 Ducati 900SS, '00 Monster 750

1 - 20 of 196 Posts