Sportbike World banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My maximum distance for a ride is 300 miles. Thats the distance from my house to the Mid Ohio Race Track. I have made this trip every year for the past 3 years. Each year its been a different bike. 1st year 86 Ninja 600, 2nd year 88 GSXR750, 3rd year 95 CBR900rr and this year it will be another new bike. See signature below ;).

------------------
Don,
99' CBR900rr Red, White, Black, http://home.fuse.net/don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly over 600 miles, on my 600 Kat.
Rained like hell for about the last 150 miles. :(
I was quite miserable by the time I got home. Straight to the shower, and then to bed.

------------------

W

·
0 Posts
The longest trip I've been on was 7000 miles on my 86 FZ750 but that was a vacation and the pace was relaxed.The longest single day was on my 81 900F.Went from Crystal Lake Illinois to Montgomery Alabama.I think it's about 750-800 miles.Left at 3am and got in late that night.I was trashed.Stiff neck and sore butt.The bike is plenty comfortable but has no wind protection.

------------------
xxman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most I've managed so far is @ 300 miles in a day on my 99 VFR, all done on backroads in New England. I am thinking about an Iron Butt, maybe this summer, but I want to build my endurance up first.
Then there is the Parry Sound Sportbike Rally in Ontario,Canada I'm hoping to attend.
That oughta get my daly average up.

------------------
Dave
99 VFR
78 911SC
70 911 Targa

·
Registered
367 Posts
Back in '83 I rode round trip from Charleston, SC to San Antonio, TX for a weeks vacation, on my '83 GPZ 750. The fastest part was IH 10 across LA on the 18 mile bridge mostly at top end. I made the trip twice, with the second trip across 40 and then down 35. I used to also do the 200 miler to my parents house every month on my RZ350. I did exactly 100 miles in 1 hour and had to stop for gas, then while merging back onto the highway I got a ticket for 76 in a 65.I took it with a smile and went on my way. Now I regularly do 200 miles for a day trip.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
2000 Katana 600

·
Registered
7 Posts
i went 1000KM in a day on a 89 gsxr1100. and then the next week i went home and then back 2 days later 1000km each way. so in 3 days ridin 3000km. and it rained the whole way each way!, and it was the fall so it wasn't warm at all(i live in canada). i was alittle sore but not too bad. long ride though.

------------------

·
Registered
110 Posts
The longest one day ride I've taken was around 550 miles. A couple of friends and I rode to bike week last year from NC. Our group consisted of my 7r, a 916 Duc, and a K1200rs. (the 916 did have Heli-bars and a corbin seat, what a puss!!!) the trip down wasn't to bad, I guess because we were pretty fired up. But the trip back, that sucked!!!!!!!

Our average day of twisties is around 300 miles.

------------------
"This space for rent."

·
Registered
12 Posts
O lets see, I will refer to my trip taken back in 96 from Reno Nv to Newport Nc, no I didn't do it all in one day(not possible)but I did do regular 700 mile days during this trip heading east and my return trip home my longest day was 830 miles. I was riding a BMW K100 with a 4 gallon fuel cell attached to the rear with fuel pump and all so doing 350 miles before refuelling was common. I really didn't start to get a sore bum until about the 500 mile mark though each day, so that was good.
Now with the sportbike's I've owned in the past few years I usually do 250 to 300 miles day rides. I did do one 500 mile day ride on my 95 Duc 916 a few years back(and yes if ya must know I was dead tired and very sore all over) but I did it.
dana

------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
The most i have riden in 1 day sofar has bin 300mls. On two difrend bikes a 95 honda cb750
and on the new bike a 99 triumph daytona. Its all mostly back roads. I like to spend my days off on the bike so i just go out and ride. i have a big trip planed this year to amirilo texis. Dont know the miles yeat but its 35 hours of driving going to try and make it in 2 days.

------------------
oldenof to know better still too young to care

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The longest ride for me,was 2yrs.ago on my 1992 Katana 600. Iwent from my home,(About 2 hours north of Seattle,Wash.) to visit a friend at Provo,Utah. It took me 17 hours,only stopping for nature calls, gas and my favorite road snax: M&Ms. I am not sure of how many miles it is tho.(By the way i'm an old fart of 47!!!)

------------------

·
Registered
623 Posts
My longest trip was Palmy-Auckland return, about 540k each way (help me here Ross!) in two days. Nice roads most of the way, love the twisties between Taumaranui <sp> and Te Kuiti. Doesn't sound too far, but on a 250, its a LONG way. I usually did the trip with minimum stops, namely two 10 min stops to get gas :)
When I got off, it was pretty much collapse. Maybe it's just the riding posture of the 250 or something, but my legs were getting pretty restless by the time about 400 odd k's came up.

Its a much more comfortable trip on the 600 :)

------------------
Dave
CBR600F3

[This message has been edited by Blackbird (edited July 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just completed 910 miles in 15 hours, one-way. If I had a bigger(faster) bike I would have made it even quicker :)

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Just rode 800 miles on the nose in one day, 90% interstate, from Pigeon Forge TN (Deal's Gap) to Ithaca NY on a CBR-1000f. Temp got down into the forties. My longest one sitting ride ever was around 1984 from Calgary to Pittsburgh PA, about 2300+ miles and about 45 hrs, on a Gold Wing. I will never do that again but 1000 to 1500 miles on return runs from the rockies are not out of the question. I routinely do 350 mile day rides out of Pittsburgh thru W.VA. on 2 laners (especially W.Va. Rte.250 and 50) on the CBR-1000f.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dad (edited October 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
I rode from New Orleans to just south of Macon, Ga in one stetch, only reason I stopped was the temp dipped below freezing and I didn't have cold weather gloves (feared frostbite). I ride a '00 Ninja ZX6-R, was fairly comfortable for the most part. Spent the night, woke up and finished the ride to Charleston, SC the next morning with no ill effects.

Well, you asked.

Xert

·
Registered
7 Posts
longest ride

I was planning 600 miles or so but when I got there I found the friend I was visitng got in wreck and was sent to a hospital 100 miles away so the day ended up being 700 miles plus some change. I wasn't sad since I got one of those new aerogel seats and broke 55mpg on two of the 5 tanks I bought for the ride. The only thing better than riding is riding for even cheaper.

·
Registered
173 Posts
823 miles on a 95 Honda St1100, my wife was on the back and I wanted to hit 1,000 miles but she said NO. I may never have another chance again. Now I have a 99 Honda Blackbird done 500 miles

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
Just did a 600 mile day from Rapid City, SD to Des Moines on the GSXR1000 with my wife on the back. Pushed a 25 mph wind all the way and went through a big thunderstorm with a LOT of lightening.
This is after a week of cold & snow in Yellowstone (which was closed the day we were supposed to go in).
My wife has still not recovered and may never do that again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The longest trip I have ever been on in a day was 481 miles on my 2000 Ninja 250. It was from Lake Charles, La to Walker, La to New Orleans and back to lake charles. My ass hurt like hell. Funny thing, about an hour from my home I stopped to walk around a bit and a homeless man asked me if I would ride him to Lake Charles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 long ride

my longest was a cross country triangle on a cb900custom.
i went from indianapolis indiana, to anchorage alaska, to san fransisco, to myrtle beach north carolina, and then went home. the first week we did 800 to 1100 mile days. we were gone for 5 1/2 weeks total and it was the most fun i have ever had in my life but i will never do it again.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts