Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I heard others haveing a similar problem, but can't remember what the problem was. At about 5000 rpm I hear a vibrating noise coming from the front end of my 02' f4i. It goes away at low rpm, and doesn't seem to effect the way the bike handles. What is IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
HIya!!
...and welcome to SBW!!:)
As for your problem...man,tons of questions to ask to even get close to figuring this out...
.........when the bike is moving or standing still??
..........wheel weight that fell off(when moving)
.....loose or broken motor mount??
.tis' a puzzler.......go to the "how do I "forum etc and try your question there too!! Good luck!!:)

JIM

·
Registered
174 Posts
My mechanice friend told me it's something to do with the airbox. I can't really exactly remember what he said (short term memory), but I do remember something about the air box.

Oh, BTW, welcome to SBW!!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
02 F4i vibration sound???

Yo my F4i has about 7500 (KM) on it and I too have notised this sound. I believe that it is the exhaust clamp where either the 4 go into 2 or the 2 go into 1? That's what it sounds like to me but I plan to check it out when my riding season comes back around.
Canada is nice but these winters sure do itch.:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
CCT....

If you're hearing a buzzing noise around 5K, it's probably the CCT (Chain Cam Tensioner). My f4i started doing the same thing last fall at around 5600rpm. I've heard some dealers will fix it under warranty, but I sold mine before I got it taken care of. I heard it doesn't really hurt anything til it gets really bad, but it is annoying as hell. Search the forums on here. I remember there being tons of stuff about the same problem on here when it was happenin to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts