Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the significance of your user name for this forum? How did you come up with it?

For some of us, this is obvious, but I thought it would be fun to know what some of these user names really mean and why people chose the names they chose.

Mine is self explanatory. I do love to ride fast and that is my nickname for yahoo IM and ICQ too. I came up with it because my nickname in a scuba chat I used to go to was "luv2div" and it was kind of along those same lines.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's an easy one. It is the first letter of my first name and my entire last name. It is the name I use on my e-mail account. Guess I have to make it easy so I don't forget it! ;)

------------------
Richard
'89 EX500
"If you have to ask..."

·
Registered
206 Posts
Colin is of course my name, and 409 refers to a name I was called in High School. I was bald and referred to as Mr. Clean, and as you know 409 is a cleaner.

------------------
Colin
2000 Triumph Speed Triple
Roulette Green

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
My other love is my boat and a river run is what you do when you gotta get away! Thats when I head out to Roberts part of the planet. Riverrunner_2000 is just my Yahoo name because somone already took simply Riverrunner, Can you believe it!? :rolleyes:

------------------
Kyle-
99 Yellow 900RR
email:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited February 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
not much guessing needed here, right folks? just my first name and the bike i ride. i thought that since we are gonna be talking mostly about sportbikes at this forum, it would be easier for others to know what i rode.
arif
'99 F4

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine came about because I`m going to enlarge the back deck and I need footings for the deck to sit on.And I was thinking of renting one of those power augers(you know those gas powered ones with the corkscrew thingy that digs down into the ground)so that I could dig a hole for the footing.Its an unusual name that I likely won`t find anywhere else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. People here abbreviate Outer Banks as OBX. They even sell OBX stickers and T-shirts that are quite popular with the tourists! Since I ride a Ninja, I am the "obxninja".

------------------
John E. Dawson

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a bad habit of checking the max lean angle of my 748. I had a nasty high-side last year that put me back over $7K! One of my riding buddies said I should be jailed for "Ducati Abuse."

------------------
748_abuser
"cuz twins are supposed to make yer ears bleed!"

·
Registered
560 Posts
Needless to say, Tahoe signifies my locale. I am about 20 minutes from the lake. My usual user name is KenpoKev (mostly on martial arts boards) I thought that if I used KenpoKev on this board, you'd all think I was some kind of luney-toon and delete me.
(Kenpo is the style of martial art I teach).

Now that you KNOW I'm a looney-toon, I appreciate your humoring me and allowing me to post what the voices in my head tell me.
:)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
IMO, your a great asset to the forum :D
Im hope to get the chance to take my boat up on Tahoe this summer. It is one of the most beautiful places in Ca.! Maybe we can make a party of it??

------------------
Kyle-
99 Yellow 900RR
email:[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have always thought that Kenny Roberets was the greatest motorcycle racer ever.

Now then, when I was In high school there
was a girl I had a serious crush on and being too shy to talk to her I thought that
I would show her how cool motorcycle riders
were and who knows, maybe she would talk to me. So she's walking down the sidewalk after
school, I see her and attempt to do my best
Kenny Roberts Impersonation Into a 90 degree
turn, hung off and knee out, RD350 screaming,
there is no way that she Isn't going to notice me now...... Well, when the rear end
stepped out and I chopped the throttle shut,
she noticed alright, she noticed a beautiful
highside right in the middle of the street.
It's the most embarrassing accident (1 of 5)
that I have had on the street.
BTW she did go out with me.

C.V.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I get asked that by everyone but here it is.

I love the Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino is my hero so it stands for quarterback club and Marino's number 13.

Needless to say I want to live in Miami really bad Stacia I envy you :) .

------------------
Chris Blackman
00 zx-9r
The Mad Kaw

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I chose Sportbikeworld because I was too lazy to think of anything better. :)

But all of my friends call me Basil (mainly because it's on the back of my leathers, and that's what most of them see... the back!) :)

------------------
Robert Basil
Sportbikeworld Admin
90 ZX7, 94 ZX9R, 97 ZX7R, 98 ZX9R.
It ain't easy being green, but it sure is fun!

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
I'm real creative. It's my name. The night I first signed in, I was not thinking so this is the result.
My AOL name is bbikerguy (last initial, plus...)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW! I never figured this question would generate so many cool answers. Thanks everyone who has posted so far and everyone who will post in the future. I was really curious about some of these and now I know. I was especially wondering about Keith B. NOT!! LOL ;)

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
30 Posts
My user name works for my two biggest hobbies, thrills, moneypits, stress-relievers: Motorcycles and Off-Roading(4X4 pick-up).

Motorcycles:
go for low: E.T. - Drag racing
go for low: lap times

4X4's:
go for low: gear - low gear in your transfer case - low gears = great climbing :D

------------------
Tony Anderson
Blue '99 ZX9R

1 - 20 of 277 Posts