Sportbike World banner

01 Gixxer 750 rubber!!!!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hammer 4 
#1 ·
I'll be needing new tires in a couple of months & was wondering where's the best price for a 180/55 ZR17 rear tire. My local dealer gave me a price of $175.00. I sure hope that I can beat that price. Thanks for support...:)

#3 ·
Maxima said:
I'll be needing new tires in a couple of months & was wondering where's the best price for a 180/55 ZR17 rear tire. My local dealer gave me a price of $175.00. I sure hope that I can beat that price. Thanks for support...:)
$175 for JUST the rear tire. does that include a reach-around? :)

sorry, i'm very tired this morning.

#4 ·
175?!!

If that includes mounting balancing and tax, that's not a bad deal.

Yes Discountmotorcycletire.com has a nice price of 137, but add 14 shipping per tire and that's 151. Now add mounting and balancing of at least 20 and where are you.....plus tax 175.

I hate going through tires, but my best recommendation would be to get close to a local dealer, shop or a good friend with a tire machine and balancer.

Thanks Mr. Q!! <------local shop owner and good friend with a tire machine and balancer. Worth getting smoked in every single drag race, corner and roll-on(except that one time...:rolleyes: )

P

#5 ·
i get rears shipped to my door for $125 or so and add about $20 to get mounted and balanced.

it's a good price if you're not taking the wheel off. when you do that, you tie up a mechanic and a stand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.