Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather go for a nice, long ride in the twisties or attend a weekend of racing? (i.e. Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Bike week, etc.)

Although I love riding, I really love watching the races too. I would select a race weekend, since they are few and far between. Besides, it's pretty cool looking at all the bikes in attendance and meeting up with friends. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Luv2RideFast said:
Would you rather go for a nice, long ride in the twisties or attend a weekend of racing? (i.e. Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Bike week, etc.)

Although I love riding, I really love watching the races too. I would select a race weekend, since they are few and far between. Besides, it's pretty cool looking at all the bikes in attendance and meeting up with friends. :)
I guess I could swing for both, guess it depends on the mood I guess. I think I lean more towards the riding though, This past summer I was on my way to the Canadian Superbike championship. My friend and I drove right past the track to our favorite road.

Maybe next year we'll get to the races ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
This is tuff. I really love to do both so when I am able to go to Road Atlanta I do both. I get up early in the morning and ride through the mountains and twisties on the way to the races and do the same going back. So I am able to put both of my favorite things in one day. :D

Now if I was able to ride cross country to Laguna and ride back... that would be awesome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
RCjohn said:
Gotta go for the races 9 times out of 10. :)
Hmmmm.....RC51 seat......hard wooden bleachers.......RC51......bleachers......

Yep, good call John.

I go about half and half. I love to watch races, but also like to ride.

Dave, I think you have it figured out, ride to the races.
Sta and I like to do that also but our ride is short, only 5 minutes to the track(Daytona).:p

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Definitely the ride. I make Mid-Ohio most of the time, but as much for the ride out as for the race. Plus, it keeps you up to date on stuff, but the riding is still where it's at.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Races. You could ride there but it is nice to drive and then have all the gear to spend the night in comfort (I mus be getting old!). Last year at Hotlanta, we spent the night. There is so much goofy stuff going on at night it fills the gap between the races which are badass to watch. And you can add liquid fun as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You had me confused with the subject line, "Question about spectator races"...

I thought, hell, I'd pay to see the spectators race! :D

But seriously, I'm with the majority here: I always make a point of getting to the races whenever I can. There's plenty of time for riding the rest of the time. But the best thing is to plan a big ride around the race event, so you have the best of both worlds all at once.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really like watching the races, but I still like to ride. The best is to have a good ride on the way to the track, followed by a great day watching the pros do it, with another good ride on the way back home.
Now, if the ride is a track day, with the promise of 120 miles or so for me on the track... I wonder, if I had a split personality, would I be able to do both?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Riding or watching the races? Hmmmmmmmm, let me think........RIDING!!!! I prefer top watch my racing on the tube on a rainy Sunday with a beer in my hand. I like to go to the the races too, but every time I am at the races on a nice day, I always ask myself why I am not out riding. It is not only at the races that I ask myself that, though. I ask myself that pretty much constantly, except when I am riding. I am asking myself that right now. The problem is I have a good answer this time - there is snow all over the freaking place! :mad:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Definitely the races. Especially Phillip Island WSB and MotoGP.

The best part is departing after the event with 100,000 other bikes cutting sick and getting let go by the COPS :D
They don't touch anybody for the first 50km from the circuit. Everybody needs to pass through this small town and a bunch of COPS sit at the last set of traffic lights on the edge of town, with their lights flashing. From that point on road rules apply. You can stoppie up to the lights but not wheelie from them.

Always an awesome day out.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts