Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know...there are as many opinions about which exhaust as there are members. Having said that...I need some opinions. I'm looking for a pipe/chip/airbox set up for the '00 Mille. I was all ready to go with the renegade, but I'm not crazy about having to repack every 5K miles. My main concern is increasing HP (duh!), but I don't want an obnoxiously loud sound. This is a street bike set-up (95% of the time). Thanks...Rick:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
A buddy of mine has the same bike, and is running the RSC Ti shotguns with a BB Power EPROM. He said the bike is MUCH improved from a drivability perspective, and I can tell you for sure that those pipes sound SWEET!

I have a set of LeoVinci's on my Falco that I'm using with the Renegade airkit and a FactoryPro EPROM. HIGHLY recommended combination!

Scott :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Scott, thanks for the reply. How do you like the sound of the LeoVinces?

·
Registered
91 Posts
They sound GREAT!!!

Not quite as deep as Termis on a Duc, and MUCH angrier sounding on top. I'm VERY, VERY happy with them.

I could never call them "quiet," though they're not anywhere near as obnoxious as most of the Hardleys around here. They've held up very well over the last 2 years, with only a few stains to show for it. They're due for a repack, though: A couple weeks ago I went by a parked SUV at 250MPH, and set off it's alarm. :eek:

Click on the link to my photo album: There's a dyno chart in there showing stock, pipe/chip, and pipe/chip/airbox curves. All on the same Dynojet 150, by the same operator. The all stock curve was taken about a year before the others, but the pipe/chip and pipe/chip/airkit runs were done within an hour of each other. We actually did the mod with the bike still sitting on the dyno, so it's a true before/after deal. :thumb:

Oh yeah - the guys at Evoluzione Motorsports did a big pipe comparison, and found that the stock headers on the RSV are actually pretty good: Spending the extra cash on a full system doesn't gain you as much as you might think, though should still be necessary if you plan on doing head work.

Hope that helps!

Scott :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope that's a typo....250mph...whew, that is one fast bike you got there!!!! thanks for the help:D :D ...Rick

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Desmo Ducati MotoGP bike has the record @ 206 & your mille did 250:twofinger :squid:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts