Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, i lost my clutch...totally, suddenly, and without warning. The bike has about 7K mi. Luckily I was passing by the BMW dealer that is servicing my other bike, so they took a quick look at it and said that I probably lost my slave cylinder. The Aprilia dealer is picking it up to repair it today...at least it was safe for the evening last night at the bmw shop. Has anyone had something similar happen to them? I don't really beat on it....at least I don't think so, compared to what I see other people do with their bikes!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
First I've heard of it. Since I'm guessing you are no longer under warranty, you may want to check out the slave cylinder made by Evoluzione.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I was assuming(?) that it would be covered, as I purchased an extended warranty (5yr). But I just got an e-mail from someone saying that they had the same problem, and it wasn't covered. That makes a shitty day a little worse!!!:mad:

·
Registered
560 Posts
It is somewhat of a problem with the 00 models, less so with later ones. Eviluzione (sp) motorsports builds an uprated aftermarket item and I understand the newer Aprilia part is upgraded as well. Take a visit to http://pub49.ezboard.com/bapriliaforum

for lots of good info on your Mille.

You shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed under warranty.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's the first I've heard of a total failure! Usually the slave just works less effectively (notchy shifting) until it's replaced. I'm sure they'll replace it under warranty. so no worries there.

If you decide to upgrade instead, you received Good advice on the Evoluzione unit - It's very well built, reduces clutch effort, and it's actually CHEAPER than an OEM one!

Scott :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts